PDA

View Full Version : New La Cava del Tequila Serves Up Tastes of Mexican Tequila Heritage

Maleficent's Dad
08-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Disney press release:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Tasty tequilas and mouthwatering margaritas are on tap at La Cava del Tequila, a new offering for Epcot guests to explore the heritage and tradition of tequila-making in Mexico.

Tucked away in the Mexico pavilion at Epcot, La Cava del Tequila beckons guests with more than 70 types of authentic tequila, ranging from the simplest to the rarest of them all, aged to perfection and made from the finest distilled spirits from the agave plant. Tequilas range in price from $8 to $50 for a specialty tequila.

Amid warm décor, art work and original artifacts all celebrating the Mexican heritage, a “Tequila Ambassador” is on hand to educate Walt Disney World guests on the history of tequila-making.

Also on the drink menu: Exotic and uniquely blended margaritas, introducing a variety of flavored salts, spices and tropical fresh fruits masterfully prepared by experienced mixologists. A variety of quick tastes, tapas style, will be available, including freshly made guacamole and ceviche as well as mahi mahi tostadas with diced mango and avocado and blue crab tostados with chipotle mayo and Valentina sauce.

The 30-seat La Cava del Tequila is open from noon until Epcot park closing time. It is connected to the famous San Angel Inn as part of the Mexico pavilion, a popular stop for Walt Disney World guests.

SurferStitch
08-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Cool!

Can't wait to try it out.:marg:

Figment!
08-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Here are the official preview pictures of La Cava del Tequila:

MonoMan
08-30-2009, 01:50 PM
I look forward to trying this out in December.
I'm assuming this is strictly a walk-up, first come, first served place..anyone aware of anything different?

steamboat willy
08-30-2009, 03:54 PM
:marg: I will let you know when we return. Leave in a week from today. Actually arrive in 1 hour and 7 days. :marg: Gongaloush! :cool:

TheVBs
08-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Wow! Looks and sounds yummy.:marg:

Rosemickey68
08-31-2009, 06:24 PM
DH and I are looking forward to trying this place out! :marg: Yummy!

mousetrapper
08-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Can't wait to hear the reviews! Sounds like my kinda place :marg: :thumbsup:

OogieBoogieMan
08-31-2009, 07:46 PM
We were there yesterday and Saturday, the first day it was open to the public. We only had time to run in and grab a margarita but it was really very well done and the tequila menu is extensive (as is the eclectic list of margheritas!) I had a jalpeno and lemon one and my wife had blood orange and both were excellent, although the chunks of cucumber in mine were a bit strange. They serve the tequila with sangrita, which is typical in Mexico but not something I see often in restaurants here. You can bring the younger ones in as well, there are tables and they serve food as well. All in all I think it will be very popular. I need to go back when I don't have our three kids with us!

Maleficent's Dad
09-01-2009, 10:40 AM
We were there yesterday and Saturday, the first day it was open to the public. We only had time to run in and grab a margarita but it was really very well done and the tequila menu is extensive (as is the eclectic list of margheritas!) I had a jalpeno and lemon one and my wife had blood orange and both were excellent, although the chunks of cucumber in mine were a bit strange. They serve the tequila with sangrita, which is typical in Mexico but not something I see often in restaurants here. You can bring the younger ones in as well, there are tables and they serve food as well. All in all I think it will be very popular. I need to go back when I don't have our three kids with us!
Thanks for sharing this - yours is the first "review" I've seen on the place; makes me excited to check it out!

GreenBeetle
09-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Sounds and looks scrumptious! Can't wait for our January trip to try it. :marg:

Do you suppose those tasty looking food items will be included on the DDP as Quick Service? ;) :D

SallyP
09-02-2009, 04:58 PM
They serve the tequila with sangrita, which is typical in Mexico but not something I see often in restaurants here. You can bring the younger ones in as well, there are tables and they serve food as well. All in all I think it will be very popular. I need to go back when I don't have our three kids with us!

Thanks for the review Oogie. I can do the tequila but DH can't tolerate it ... almost like an allergy to it. Do they serve any other kind of adult beverages besides tequila and the mixer sangrita?

OogieBoogieMan
09-02-2009, 06:29 PM
There is a full bar, I think you could order just about anything.