PDA

View Full Version : questions on park tickets & dinning plan

unserml
08-29-2009, 10:13 PM
we are thinging about coming either for thanksgiving or christmas. our question is if we buy only a 4 day park pass and we are staying there at a value hotel for 7 days. can we still go places in disney to eat (use are dinning plan). trying to figure out what to do? this is our first visit and dont know what or where to go. please help:confused::confused::confused:

tinksmom02
08-29-2009, 11:57 PM
:welcome:Welcome to Intercot! You will find tons of useful information here, :rocks: and everyone is so nice and helpful, so don't be afraid to ask questions!

In response to your question, the Disney Dining Plan (DDP) is connected to the length of your stay. In order to get it, you must have booked a package (room plus tickets), with a minimum, I think, of a 1 day Magic Your Way ticket. Also, I think you have to be staying at least 3 nights to add the DDP.

Anyway, the DDP is linked to how many nights you're staying. You can book a package for six nights, with only four days of park tickets, and you would get 6 nights' worth of the DDP--the basic DDP would be 1 quick service, 1 table service, and 1 snack, per person, per day. So a family of 2 would get a total of 12 quick service, 12 table service, and 12 snacks for a 6-night stay.

Did I explain that so that it made sense, or did I just add to your confusion? :confused: Regardless, I'm sure someone else will be along to add to/correct my info!

Pirate Granny
08-30-2009, 12:22 AM
Tinksmom is right...if you have the dining plan you get the plan for the number of nights that you stay at your disney resort...however you cannot go into a disney park to eat unless you use one of your 4 day pass. You can however go to any disney resort and eat there...we actually only eat in the parks 1/2 the time and the rest we eat at various resorts. You don't have to stay at the resort to eat...but you will have to take your bus to the closest park and then switch over to a bus that goes to the resort that you will be eating at.

Hope this makes sense...go and look at the restaurants and see what your family would like to eat...there are lots of choices.
:pirate:

Tink1
08-30-2009, 01:11 AM
we are thinging about coming either for thanksgiving or christmas. our question is if we buy only a 4 day park pass and we are staying there at a value hotel for 7 days. can we still go places in disney to eat (use are dinning plan). trying to figure out what to do? this is our first visit and dont know what or where to go. please help:confused::confused::confused:

You may want to get the 7 days just to have park access for meals.

Once you get up to a 4 day ticket, the price for additional days is minimal.

Example:

4 Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket (Ages 10 and Up) Total: $239.63
7 Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket (Ages 10 and Up) Total: $249.21

So for ~$10 per person you get 3 extra days.

Nanci