PDA

View Full Version : Post Free known/Unknown Perks

larjani
08-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi all, I was reading this (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=160404) thread by Pricessat37 about free ice water. I was curious if there were other unknown (or known) perks the parks offer. We are going in December so I'd like to take advantage where I can.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Club Cool or whatever it's called now. Free Coke products from around the world. All the Beverly you can drink!

tinklover
08-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Club Cool or whatever it's called now. Free Coke products from around the world. All the Beverly you can drink!
I wish i had not lost that pic of my DDs first taste of Beverly. their faces were priceless LOL

Snow's Mom
08-29-2009, 08:53 PM
The free ice water may only be in restaurants. We tried a popcorn/smoothie kiosk and they said no.

We did take advantage of the free photo with our Visa card.

disneymom2000
08-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Fast pass is a free perk - but I have never run into food or drink that was free.

BTW - Welcome to Intercot.:welcome:

crltkcagle
08-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Can't think of anything off the top of my head right now.

badkitty
08-29-2009, 11:17 PM
You can get ice water in a cup for free at the CS. At least I have never been charged when I have asked for ice water with my food.

KAJUNKING
08-30-2009, 02:58 AM
We pack some kool aid, or crystal light singles with us when we go, so you can use a empty water bottle and fill it with the nasty tasting water out of the fountains and add the pack of kool aid or such, and its fine for me and the kids, saves a lot of money and time!

larjani
08-30-2009, 09:47 AM
"BTW - Welcome to Intercot."

Thanks DisneyMom2000, It's nice to be here.

"We pack some kool aid, or crystal light singles with us when we go, so you can use a empty water bottle and fill it with the nasty tasting water out of the fountains and add the pack of kool aid or such, and its fine for me and the kids, saves a lot of money and time! "

That is exactly what my Daughter suggestion when I was reading the other post.

TheVBs
08-30-2009, 10:08 AM
:welcome:

If you have young kids there are lots of free things in the parks for them. There are the masks they can color and get paper charms for in the World Shocase at Epcot. In Future World at Epcot they can get free necklaces/lanyards that they can get paper charms for at different stops.

In Animal Kingdom there's the Kids Discovery Club, they can do free activities and get club cards that they can get stamped.

In any of the parks you can get special occassion buttons free, a 1st visit, happy birthday or happy anniversary. The resorts often give free things to our girls, balloons, buttons. And just about everywhere there are CMs handing out stickers to kids.

Hope that's useful!

ransam
08-30-2009, 01:03 PM
The smiles are free.

Soccermom12
08-30-2009, 01:20 PM
We just got back....

In Epcot, across from the Piggy Bank Adventure there is a velcro exhibit. My kids got a bunch of velcro frogs that they were able to dress up with velcro clothes (even Mickey Ears). They had fun dressing them there, and are still playing with them almost a week later.

biodtl
08-30-2009, 02:29 PM
We love to take advantage of the email yourself-type things. There are places in Innoventions, Imagination pavilion, and Mexico pavilion where you can take photos of yourself and change backgrounds, edit them to be silly, make videos, etc and email them to people.

We usually send them to relatives, but also send copies to ourselves so we come home to a cute souvenir.

HereWeGO
08-31-2009, 06:28 AM
If you're polite, and ask nicely, your restaurant server will be more tha happy to give you one of the pens they use (I noticed one trip that they had dozens in their pouch).

They're really basic, but have WALT DISNEY RESORTS written in gold letters. I always carry one with me, as its useful, and a little piece of the magic wherever I go :tink:

LoriSan
08-31-2009, 09:16 AM
The free ice water may only be in restaurants. We tried a popcorn/smoothie kiosk and they said no.

You would have to ask at a place where they have fountain drinks, like a CS location. Somewhere that has cups and clean ice. Popcorn stands usually sell bottled beverages.

Wells
08-31-2009, 09:30 AM
Outside the Main street bakery, you can have all of the chocolate chip cookie scented air you can breathe!.....FREE!:D

wdwfansince75
08-31-2009, 09:39 AM
Other than the free ice water, and the refillable mugs (not really free), I can't think of any other food or drink freebies....
However, one of my favorite breaks is the Monorail....just to ride it...Love to watch for deer on the EPCOT monorail...especially early in the day, or late afternoon.....
and the boats...across the lagoon, or Bay Lake...or between EPCOT and DHS...all "free"....
Or the entertainment....JAMMinators, Off Kilter, Spirit of America, Mariachi Cobre ....Streetmosphere Actors...Mulch, Sweat, and Shears......All those things that the more jaded of us tend to think of as obstacles on the way from rides to ADR's....and, as ransam stated, "The Smiles"....all free.

joelkfla
08-31-2009, 11:23 AM
There are Transportation Trading Cards. 3 for the 3 models of buses we run, 3 for the 3 types of watercraft on Seven Seas Lagoon, and one for each color Monorail.

They are available from the cast members of each transportation mode, but it is up to the individual CM to take the initiative to carry them (and up to the CM's manager to make them available.)

Look for hidden Mickey's in the photos on the cards.

pixiesmimi
09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
We made several trips by Club Cool while in Epcot and drank as much as we wanted. Love the Coke from China and the Watermelon one! At the back register, you can put together character cups for $8 and they will fill them with slushes for free. (Not really free but you can get the cups without the slush for the same price so I consider the drink free). We bought 4 for our DGKs and got each one filled and took back to our room to enjoy. (No kids were with us on this trip).