PDA

View Full Version : Split Stay's and ADR's

wdwgirl21
08-28-2009, 08:56 PM
So what are people who have split stays finding when going online to book ressies? Does it acknowledge your check-out day for your first ressie? Or does it automatically give you 10 days when you put in your reservation number no matter when you are checking out? We are staying a couple of night at Pop and then loving to Poly, and tomorrow is 90 days out. Trying to get everything together, and hoping I only have to get up at the crack of dawn one time!

Fangorn
08-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Not the definitive word here, but based on my experience with the system and 30 years of creating/managing/cursing computer systems, you'll probably find that your two different reservation numbers are NOT linked in the system. When you enter the reservation number for the POP at the 90 day mark, you will be allowed to make ADRs for the length of that reservation or 10 days whichever is shorter. To make ADRs for the days on your second reservation number, you'll have to wait until the 90 day mark on that reservation.

Given all the glitches in the system that have surfaced, and some pretty obvious things the system doesn't do (but should), I'd be really surprised if the developers have addressed this scenario.

Steve

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-28-2009, 09:25 PM
This has never worked, Disney linking the two reservations together for ADR's.

So, you have to make ADR's for the first "part" of your trip, then again for the second "part", you can't do them all at once, unless you call after 90-days.

wdwgirl21
08-29-2009, 06:55 AM
So excited! I was able to get online this morning and book all 10 days of ADR's even with a split stay! I even got the hard to snag dinner ADR at Le Cellier on Dec. 1! Can't wait!

sassy2000
08-29-2009, 11:27 AM
I am staying Nov 27-29 @ CBR then moving to AKL for 6 nights. I was able to make all of my ADRs online this morning.

Dsnygirl
08-29-2009, 11:39 AM
:mickey: I, too, was able to make all my ADR's online and we've split our stay b/w CBR and AKL. :woohoo: I was fully prepared to just do the first 5 days, and then wait to do the rest... so I almost panicked when all 10 days opened up for me!! :blush: I wasn't totally sure of times, so I just did my best guess and went for it, and now we're sticking with what I picked, the times turned out perfect. :cool:

I thought it was just a glitch, but I guess not, based on all the people I've heard of that have been able to do their entire stay! :thumbsup:

Fangorn
08-29-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm very happy it worked for you. I have to say, I'm incredulous that the system actually did something this complex "right". My first thought is that it's a mistake of some sort, and not really related to the fact that you have a split stay.

In any case, glad you got your ADRs.

Steve