PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

NH Disneyfan
08-28-2009, 08:41 PM
My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a DVC resale. Closing should come in early October if everything works out. Then, we'll be booking for January.

Where do you think we'll be able to find availability? These are our options. We need 3 rooms - 2 Studio and one 2BR.
WLV
BCV
SS
OKW
BWV
AKV

lockedoutlogic
08-28-2009, 11:04 PM
When in january?

here's the way it's gonna be:

Last resort is always gonna be saratoga (from now until infinity)
Old Key West will be second
Tough to tell right now....but in time Animal Kingdom will fall in third
Wilderness Lodge and possibly Contemporary (because of the point bump) would be next
Boardwalk next
Beach Club last....possibly contemp based on how the demand shakes out...and how quickly they will sell out

Those are pretty consistent year round....holiday weekends/weeks will (when travel resumes to normal...probably in 10-12) will be hard for anywhere but the home resort

shoot for animal kingdom....but don't despair if it doesn't work out that way or better this trip. the beauty of not paying the hotel bill while there should keep a smile on your face this time:mickey:

seanyred
08-29-2009, 07:08 AM
When in january?

here's the way it's gonna be:

Last resort is always gonna be saratoga (from now until infinity)
Old Key West will be second
Tough to tell right now....but in time Animal Kingdom will fall in third
Wilderness Lodge and possibly Contemporary (because of the point bump) would be next
Boardwalk next
Beach Club last....possibly contemp based on how the demand shakes out...and how quickly they will sell out

Those are pretty consistent year round....holiday weekends/weeks will (when travel resumes to normal...probably in 10-12) will be hard for anywhere but the home resort

shoot for animal kingdom....but don't despair if it doesn't work out that way or better this trip. the beauty of not paying the hotel bill while there should keep a smile on your face this time:mickey:

I agree with this order. SSR and OKW will probably always have the most availability. Also a thing to consider for AKV is Kidani Village will be opening its second phase soon, so there should be more spaces available...

I say try for Kidani...especially if you have kids/family that really like animals....

MinnieMommie
08-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Congratulations on your purchase and Welcome Home!

A couple of thoughts: It does make sense to assume the most availability will be at the DVC with the greatest room capacity however that has not always been my experience. I have gotten BC each time I tried for it during January.

January: The first week and MLK weekend will be the most difficult time to book as the demand is greater during those times of the month (the beginning of the first week people are still there from the holiday and by the end of the week people will come in for the marathon. MLK weekend is a long weekend).

The other thing to consider is that you will be booking likely between a 2 to 3 month window (sometime in October to sometime in January). That will be present another challenge.

I would decide first where I want to stay in descending order and then call to book in that order. You will get what you get based on what is available and hopefully you will find something towards the top of your list. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. :mickey:

WRWDisney
08-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Welcome Home:party:

It may be a little difficult, but do not worry. We just booked 6 nights in a 1 bedroom for December 20-26 this week. I still had the choice of SSR or OKW or could have split stay at any number (including Boardwalk, WLV, AKV). If this time period still had availability at about 4 months (keeping in mind that most schools will be out that entire time and that 4 of the 6 nights were still in the cheap season), then I have great hope (and pixie dust:pixie:) for you in January.