PDA

View Full Version : Villas for non-members

ShanJC
08-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi everyone!
We're beginning to plan for a 2010 trip. Our last was in 2007 so I need a refresher about a few things, please! Is the window for us non DVC members to make villa reservations still at the 6 month mark? We have stayed at SSR in the 2 bedroom and for the same price I'm hoping for a Treehouse:fingers: in very early June. I understand this has been a pretty good year for discounts, wonder if that will be true next year too. Looking forward to planning with you,

momofdisneyprincess
08-28-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure I completely understand your question so I am going to answer it to the best of my ability. If you are saying you do not own a DVC and you want to pay with cash then the "window" doesn't apply to you as it comes from a completely different inventory. I used a non-DVC resort with RCI to trade-in to the BWV a little more than 10 mths out. If you are paying cash, you can just look online as the 2010 room rates have been released. I hope I answered your question.

ShanJC
08-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Exactly what I meant actually! When I first started making Villa reservations many years ago there were not so many options. We often had to wait until the 6 month out mark (waiting for the ones released after DVC members had passed the 7 month window). I was on the DW website yesterday and that is much fresher than last time and I saw that you can now book villas there too!

momofdisneyprincess
08-31-2009, 09:23 AM
You might want to consider renting points from a DVC member. You could save yourself a good deal of money doing that. There are several threads on here about that. Good luck!