PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service Dining Help!

steamboat willy
08-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Just added on a night at the beginning of our trip and after a 10 hour drive, checking into AS Music, we plan on catching our first night Monorail ride around the World before getting off at the Polynesian Village Resort to watch the EWP and Wishes from the beach.

We should arrive by 5:00 p.m. and are not planning on visiting a Park this first night.

We have free dining, where would you go for a CS and end up at the Poly for Wishes?

ONLY 9 Days To Go!

DisneyPrincess21
08-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Just added on a night at the beginning of our trip and after a 10 hour drive, checking into AS Music, we plan on catching our first night Monorail ride around the World before getting off at the Polynesian Village Resort to watch the EWP and Wishes from the beach.

We should arrive by 5:00 p.m. and are not planning on visiting a Park this first night.

We have free dining, where would you go for a CS and end up at the Poly for Wishes?

ONLY 9 Days To Go!

Well what me and my family are doing is going to o'hana for dinner and poly beach for fireworks.
Since you are looking for a CS they have one at poly- "Captain Cook's Snack Company" that is suppose to be a good place to grab something to take with you to the poly beach. I have also heard that the Earl Of Sandwich in DTD is not to be missed, it is also a CS.

AliMel83
08-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Earl of Sandwich at Downtown is yummy. My boyfriend and I will be almost making the same trip/stops tomorrow and Earl is our dinner plan.

The CS at Poly would definitely be your easiest option.

When you get a chance try O'Hana. It is soooo yummy!:thumbsup:

badkitty
08-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Which dining plan do you have? Do you have free CS or are you OOP for this meal? The Sushi Bar (at Poly next to Kona's) is really great and you get the atmosphere of the Poly. Or the CS at The Contemporary (next to Chef Mickeys) I have heard is good.

steamboat willy
08-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Snack, CS & TS each day. Sushi Bar sound great for me, but DW would vote NOT!
She would set and watch me hummmmmmmm, hummmmmm, hummmmmmm, but what would she eat? Do they serve anything else at the bar?
We were even thinking Intermission Food Court at our ASMusic. The Earl also sounds good. We could stop by there on our way to Poly.

DisneyPrincess21
08-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Snack, CS & TS each day. Sushi Bar sound great for me, but DW would vote NOT!
She would set and watch me hummmmmmmm, hummmmmm, hummmmmmm, but what would she eat? Do they serve anything else at the bar?
We were even thinking Intermission Food Court at our ASMusic. The Earl also sounds good. We could stop by there on our way to Poly.

Since you have ts credit's how about ohana? It's suppose to be really good. Me and my family are trying it for the first time in december. We are starting our trip and ending it at ohana's with poly beach for fireworks

steamboat willy
08-30-2009, 03:47 PM
GREAT CHOICE....we already have ADR's at Ohana's & Kona's for nights to follow. Just looking for a good CS to grab a good bite.
Thanks

Aggie97
08-30-2009, 06:23 PM
For a relaxing evening at the Polynesian, you could pick up sushi for yourself upstairs while your wife orders her dinner at Captain Cook's downstairs. Then just meet up in Captain Cook's seating area to eat together -- it has both inside and outside seating. We've always enjoyed Captain Cook's flatbreads and sandwiches; it is our favorite resort CS restaurant. :mickey:

steamboat willy
08-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Thank You Ga., we'll be driving though next Sunsday.

Steamboat Willy