PDA

View Full Version : Boy help!

disneycutie165
08-28-2009, 01:32 PM
There is one guy in my class I'm after now! My boyfriend and I just broke up, due to recent fighting. I can't just say I want to ask this guy out just because I want to get back at him (the guy I like was my bf's best friend), because I really do like him! He is so cute! I've known him since 4th grade, and still don't feel like I know him enough. And another thing is: he is popular and totally gorgeous, while I'm unpopular. I can't say I'm gorgeous, but I'm dateable! We talk and he makes me laugh, and he can be a jerk at sometimes but he is otherwise very sweet! All I am asking is for advice. Any girls out there who've had this experience? I need help!

Ian
08-28-2009, 01:49 PM
My advice is to talk to your parents.

Jeri
08-28-2009, 02:02 PM
I think Ian gave you some good advice.

I also think you should not rush in to dating someone right away. You admitted you don't know him very well. Maybe just get to know him first. You might not like him as much once you get to know who he really is.

Cute only goes so far. It is what is inside that is more important.

WelshieLover
08-28-2009, 02:05 PM
I say be careful going after youe ex's best friend. Really think about it. How would you feel if the shoe was on the foot - your ex went after your best friend?

garymacd
08-29-2009, 11:05 AM
WAIT!

And when you think you've waited long enough:

WAIT SOME MORE!

Would you like to be the reason your new beau no longer has a best friend? How would you like it?

WAIT!

Cute isn't everything. How does he treat his friends? How does he treat strangers? How has he treated his other girlfriends?

WAIT!

You don't always need a boyfriend!

WAIT!

azdisneymom
08-29-2009, 01:58 PM
WAIT!
You don't always need a boyfriend!
WAIT!

Ditto!! Go out with your friends, go out in groups. But please ...

WAIT!

It could be the best thing you have ever done. Plus your ex's friend? Really?

MushuMulan
08-29-2009, 05:39 PM
If your consience is unsure on whether or not to do something like this, then don't do it. He's not the only one out there, and while you may only see him right now, there will be plenty more down the road that are just as good, and whom you'll probably get to know even better.

Tink2002
08-29-2009, 06:17 PM
BACK AWAY from his friends.

And also, I agree with Ian. Some personal one-on-one with parents or someone trusted is very important with lots of growing-up-type-issues.