PDA

View Full Version : Trails End Restaurant

brian2000boston
08-28-2009, 06:53 AM
So do to boking the dessert party we had to forfeit a dinner ressie in Epcot. No worries but decided with the extra credit to try something new on a different night. Has anyone eaten at Trails End Restaurant at the Wilderness Resort lately? I am curious how the food is and any opinions on this. Thanks for all your help.

Brian

mouseketeer mom
08-28-2009, 08:19 AM
We have and we found it a really nice change from dining in the parks. Even though there is not too much outdoorsy about me, I can't help but to find Fort Wilderness super relaxing. Its an experience all its own. We found the food here to be just delcious. Fried chicken, pulled pork, soups, salads, mac and cheese, the variety was there and all was just fantastic. This is a great Disney value, you get a whole lot for your money and a nice break from the parks. And its just a quick boat ride to the MK when you're done.

SingingLights
08-28-2009, 09:43 AM
We first ate at Trails End about 4 years ago, we were looking for something different in the MK. We went to City Hall and they went through all the dining options with us and finally recommended Trails End. We rode the boat over to Camp Wilderness and enjoyed our relaxing dinner so much that we have included it on several other trips since. The food is good and the service is wonderful and it takes you out of the hussle and bussle of MK and away from the large crowds in the restaurants at MK.:thumbsup:

brian2000boston
08-28-2009, 10:41 AM
We have and we found it a really nice change from dining in the parks. Even though there is not too much outdoorsy about me, I can't help but to find Fort Wilderness super relaxing. Its an experience all its own. We found the food here to be just delcious. Fried chicken, pulled pork, soups, salads, mac and cheese, the variety was there and all was just fantastic. This is a great Disney value, you get a whole lot for your money and a nice break from the parks. And its just a quick boat ride to the MK when you're done.

We first ate at Trails End about 4 years ago, we were looking for something different in the MK. We went to City Hall and they went through all the dining options with us and finally recommended Trails End. We rode the boat over to Camp Wilderness and enjoyed our relaxing dinner so much that we have included it on several other trips since. The food is good and the service is wonderful and it takes you out of the hussle and bussle of MK and away from the large crowds in the restaurants at MK.:thumbsup:

Awesome! This makes me feel good about doing this. We hadnt thought about doing this place until last night, glad we found it. The menu sounds so yummy

lighteningqueen
08-28-2009, 12:44 PM
The food is really bland there. It also has just a few items on the stations. I think only 3 stations if I remember. It was the worst meal we had as far as flavor and selection. Only 3 meat choices and if I remember right only mashed pot corn green beans. Thats all I ate and had to season the heck out of it and then just left it. There were 5 in our party and none of us liked it. Just too many other places to eat at that have flavor. Even our 5 year old grandson did not like the mac and cheese or the chicken. Only good thing we had there was our margaritas. But each to his own. You get what you pay for nd all of us have different taste buds.

Beach Club Babe
08-30-2009, 11:49 AM
We ate here on our recent trip and enjoyed it very much. No it's not fancy, and not a whole lot of choices, but it is just good homestyle type cooking. Everything was fresh and had good flavor. Desserts are tasty too. It was our 2nd time here and both were great experiences. In fact the reason we chose it the second time is because our picky eater of the family really enjoyed it and actually ate quite a bit.

AuntLaura
08-30-2009, 12:20 PM
We just ate there and found the food very good: fried chicken, ribs, salmon, carved meat station, mashed potatoes, green beans. (other hot items, just can't remember) Nice salad bar. Ice cream machine + brownies = brownie ice cream sundae, cookies, fresh rice Krispie treats. As stated by others, not fancy-schmancy. For us, more of a comfort food buffet. We always enjoy it.