PDA

View Full Version : Kindergarten Moms

Dakota Rose
08-27-2009, 10:38 PM
My son and first-born child started kindergarten today. He was so excited and had absolutely no issues.

I, however, was a complete mess. :blush:

Some "high" points of my day:

-panic attack complete with shortness of breath and weird heart rate while scrambling eggs this morning:medic:

-sobbing into a dirty dishtowel "I don't want to do this today" :fit:

-feeling like I was going to throw-up after I left the school:sick:

OH yes. It was not one of my better days.

How about you? Did you send a kid off to kindergarten this year? Or maybe off to college? How'd it go for you?

deedeebee
08-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Wow, do I remember that:( A week from Tuesday my oldest starts High school!!?? All in the blink of an eye. :sadwave: It gets better, the "between" years are a bit easier to take.

green ranger
08-27-2009, 11:12 PM
One week from today, I will be sending our first born DS off to Kindergarten, and I'm already having anxiety. I don't know how I'm going to do it. Is your son excited to go back to school tomorrow? I am so not ready to send him out into this crazy world all by himself.
Here's to a wonderful and safe school year for both the children and parents!

SoaringEpcot
08-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Our DS started kindergarten on Tuesday this week. He was also very excited and loved his first day:thumbsup:. DW was a bit upset at her fist baby going off to be with complete strangers as she said.

The only thing I worried about is other kids he will be around, especially older kids that may have a bad influence over him. But you have to let them go sometime.:(

Today is his last day at his daycare. Monday will be his first full week of "Big School" as he calls it. Hopefully DW and I will make it through the week.

buzznwoodysmom
08-28-2009, 10:14 AM
My first born started Pre-K 5 years ago and I was a complete mess. And just so you know 2 years later our second child started Pre-K and it wasn't any better the second time around. Its a very hard transistion for us parent's to see our babies going off to big boy school. Probably harder on us parents than it is on our kids.

meldan98
08-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Hi Dakota Rose - We haven't talked in ages! I hope that you and your family are well.

My ODD started K this week and it has been okay. We had not enrolled her in public school back in Feb. when the enrollment started because we were going send her the private school that she had attended for the last year for Pre-K. Well, 2 weeks before school was to start my dh got laid off. So, we had to enroll her in public school. Thankfully there was still room, but my ODD was just crushed that she wasn't going to go back to her school.

So, leading up to her first day, her and I just cried a lot. I really hated the idea of her changing schools, and so did she. Her first day was Monday, and she did great. I managed to get through the drop off without crying once. Once I hit the door though, I just balled my eyes out. I can't believe she's growing up so quickly. We found out on the first day that there are about 6 kids from her old school that are at the new school and two of them are in her class, so I think that helped in the transition.

Dakota Rose
09-03-2009, 11:11 PM
DS is loving school. I've survived the first 6 days. It helps a little that he tells me every day at pick-up, "I missed you today, mama."

Hey meldan! LTNS! Sorry to hear about the lay-off and switching schools. I grew up going to private school and am having some adjustment issues myself as DS is attending public school. But he doesn't know any different, so that's good. Hope you're doing well! :hug:

pianobabe
09-05-2009, 11:12 AM
I remember crying on DS's first day of Kindergarten. After that I never cried, until this year. This year I watched him get into the car and drive off to the start of his senior year in High School. I cried like a baby.
Anytime I think about graduation or hear "Pomp and Circumstance" I boo-hoo. I have invested in some water-proof mascara already. It will be a tough year, but I will get through it. I know he will and he will be okay, but I am a wreck.
The main thing that I try to think about is this is what our goal is. From the time they are born, our responsibility is helping them to grow into healthy productive adults. It has been my job to help teach him the skills he needs to fly. I am just hope my tears don't embarrass him too much.

Emme&TeddysMommy
09-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Just reading all these posts make me want to cry. My oldest starts pre-school this week and I can't believe how fast it has gone bye. I know that I will probaly cry, but I will sure try not to. I even get sad thinking of her going to college and we have alot of time before that happens. Being a parent is the most rewarding job in the world but it also the hardest!