PDA

View Full Version : MK Fireworks Dessert Party - extended

tinkergal
08-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Dates have been extended beyond Aug. 28th ('til Nov. 1st I read elsewhere). I just booked for Sep. 17th!!

Roo Girl
08-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Can you give me details on this? We're going to be in WDW starting 9/12 and this sounds really fun!!

barbiegirl314
08-27-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm hoping that they keep this on as a permant event. I wonder what the chances are?

kwhitt3202
08-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Hope the extend it even further would like to do this for our Dec. vacation.

Maryln8
08-27-2009, 06:09 PM
for Sept 28 @ 8:00p.m. !:fworks:

BPATSMouse
08-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Just got September 24 at 8:00pm. Its a happy day at our house.:trio::high5::yay::clappy::joy:

brian2000boston
08-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Just got September 28 at 8pm, reall wanted
September 27th though, oh well :mickey:

Madame Leona
08-27-2009, 08:23 PM
I wanted to go but I see that they raised the price from $17.99 for adults to $23.42. That's enough of a price difference to scare me off. It's getting to the point where we will be able to afford a room and tickets but we may have to starve while on the trip :blush:

SurferStitch
08-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm....if they decide to extend this through December, DH and I will definitely book this!

:cloud9:

Bluesky481
08-27-2009, 10:06 PM
thanks for posting Tinkergal! We're going Oct. 26 at 8:10!:mickey:

FredTaco
08-27-2009, 10:18 PM
I wanted to go but I see that they raised the price from $17.99 for adults to $23.42. That's enough of a price difference to scare me off. It's getting to the point where we will be able to afford a room and tickets but we may have to starve while on the trip :blush:

I booked it today and we paid the 17.99 per adult and 9.99 per child.

DisneyPrincess21
08-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm....if they decide to extend this through December, DH and I will definitely book this!

:cloud9:

I will be in the world the same time as you! I hope they extend it also, I would love to try it, all the dessert's look sooooo good. Although I think I would have trouble talking my mom and 2 niece's into it being worth it.....Oh well, they can wait outside for me! :D

DisneyPrincess21
08-28-2009, 01:10 AM

Found this on a WDW website
"UPDATE 8/27/09: The Fireworks Dessert Party has been extended through October 31, 2009. The price is now $23.42 for guests 10+ and $12.99 for guests 3 to 9. Those prices INCLUDE tax, but not gratuity"

I think $17.99 is a little pricey but I could probably talk myself and my wallet into it. But I don't think I could talk myself into paying over $20 ($23.42 to be exact) just for dessert

I booked it today and we paid the 17.99 per adult and 9.99 per child.

Was your date you booked in the original dates listed? Maybe you didn't have to pay the $23.42 because the new extended dates are the only one's that are affected by the new price. That would be my guess

magicofdisney
08-28-2009, 04:11 AM
Found this on a WDW website
"UPDATE 8/27/09: The Fireworks Dessert Party has been extended through October 31, 2009. The price is now $23.42 for guests 10+ and $12.99 for guests 3 to 9. Those prices INCLUDE tax, but not gratuity"

I think $17.99 is a little pricey but I could probably talk myself and my wallet into it. But I don't think I could talk myself into paying over $20 ($23.42 to be exact) just for dessert...
Gratuity? They have people actually waiting on you? I thought it was a self serve type thing.

And I agree that $20 + is a little steep for dessert.

brian2000boston
08-28-2009, 06:51 AM
We paid the new prices. And i agree that this is very steep for dessert and at the rate should include gratuity. However, we are on vacation and sounds like a fun item for one night. We are doing a little later lunch and skipping dinner, we are in Disney, so Dessert for Dinner works for us this time!

Mickey91
08-28-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm hoping that they keep this on as a permant event. I wonder what the chances are?
If they are making $24 a person on just desserts, I'd say it is a good possibility. It is all about the $$$.

Roo Girl
08-28-2009, 09:19 AM
I called WDW Dine yesterday for MNSSHP dinner ressies and the dessert party was mentioned- they apparently just opened it up or something and she said the demand has been huge- all you have to do is tell me "supplies are limited" or "act now" and I'm THERE! (I'm a marketers dream.) I booked for DH and I for the evening of Sept 18 during the halloween party - SO excited!! I think it will be a great way to enjoy some snacks and watch Boo to You from a special spot. Anyone else there on 9/18? :number1:

baldburke
08-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Woohoo!! We just got booked for the 9/11 seating. My wife was hoping it would get extended. Thanks for the info.

:fworks:

MNNHFLTX
08-28-2009, 10:07 AM
I am happy for those of you who were hoping that the Wishes Desser Buffet would be extended, although that is rather a steep price!

I'm afraid I'm in the minority, though, about how I actually feel about the buffet. Having been going to WDW for many, many years where anyone could use the Noodle Station tables in Tomorrowland Terrace to watch the fireworks, it makes me a bit sad to think that it is now just another money-making venture for Disney. But if there's a market for it, I guess that's just the way it is.

wildernesslady
08-28-2009, 10:31 AM
I really wanted to try this, but I don't think I'm willing to pay that much. I thought the old price was high. I do not know anyone that can eat that much dessert. Was there profit not high enough? What a shame.

Tinkermom
08-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Anyone know exactly WHAT kind of desserts are served? For $23 it better be amazing! I am hoping it is not just some fruits and cookies...

DisneyPrincess21
08-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Anyone know exactly WHAT kind of desserts are served? For $23 it better be amazing! I am hoping it is not just some fruits and cookies...

I have read that the desserts are very good- Creme brulee, fresh choc strawberries, raspberry tarts,white chocolate truffles, brownies, rice krispy treats (not the mickey one's) too many to think of.
But IMHO unless the $24 dessert buffet comes with all the dessert i can eat and a $20 bill, it isnt worth the money for me, i could never eat enough desserts to justify spending $24 dollars on it. Now if money was not an issue for me then i would happily pay it, and even if the view of the fireworks was more dead on (like from main street, you could probably convince me) or if it was $24 for a dinner, no problem.
but since none of those things are options i think i would get a treat from main street bakery and watch my fireworks for free, front and center on main street! :cloud9:

badkitty
08-28-2009, 07:25 PM
What is the view like? Can you actually see if you are not in the front row next to the railing? From my memory, doesn't the covering of Noodle Station block the view of the sky?

BPATSMouse
08-29-2009, 02:44 AM
If you Google "Fireworks Dessert Party" there are plenty of pictures and information about the dessert offerings and viewing areas.

Maryln8
08-29-2009, 03:08 AM
you are paying for a seat to watch wishes up close without having to stake out a spot for hours. Tink flys right over your head. I consider the desserts a bonus. the time you would spend waiting in this preferred location is more valuable then the actual cost.

Live4WDW
08-29-2009, 06:25 PM
:mickey: Hey all!! DW and I just got back from WDW. We went to the dessert party on the night of Aug 24th. The desserts were by far outstanding. Nobody actually served us, everything was self serve, I reckon if you feel upto leaving a tip, you can. You can eat as much as you want and there is no rush... I must say I really enjoyed the ice cold milk with all the desserts. They were all very, very good! Never a wait, if a tray was emptied, a new one was brought out in a minute or two. Mango shooters were outstanding!! I went up to the tables three different times, as did DW. I was so stuffed, it was unreal. We had a very early lunch and no dinner (Except desserts:D) so it was a little strange for the stomach, but still good. We paid the $17.99 price, would probably have paid the increased price also just to have experienced it. I'm not sure I would go a 2nd time though. Have to think on that one. Since we have seen wishes on numerous occasions, and with my stomach ready to bust we left and headed back to our resort. It was an awesome party, never knew milk and cookies could be such fun:party:

ChipDale2708
08-29-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm upset - just called for reservations for any night 9/30-10/4 and it is completely sold out. I didn't see the extension until tonight. We really wanted to do this for my birthday. Oh well... Guess I'll be sitting on Main Street w/ ice cream...Not so bad :)

DisneyPrincess21
08-29-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm upset - just called for reservations for any night 9/30-10/4 and it is completely sold out. I didn't see the extension until tonight. We really wanted to do this for my birthday. Oh well... Guess I'll be sitting on Main Street w/ ice cream...Not so bad :)

I have read that they do sometimes have openings for walk-ins. So it doesn't hurt to go to the podium and at least ask. Maybe you will luck out :wave:

sacandjac
08-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Just booked it for October 24! Can't wait to give it a try!

ChipDale2708
08-30-2009, 07:31 PM
I have read that they do sometimes have openings for walk-ins. So it doesn't hurt to go to the podium and at least ask. Maybe you will luck out :wave:

Hey, thanks for that tip! We'll try that as well as the hotel concierge if nothing pops up between now and then. :thumbsup: I know it's 'a lot' of money for dessert and not the best viewing location, but it's something different. Thanks again! :mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
08-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Hey, thanks for that tip! We'll try that as well as the hotel concierge if nothing pops up between now and then. :thumbsup: I know it's 'a lot' of money for dessert and not the best viewing location, but it's something different. Thanks again! :mickey:

Your welcome!

:tink:
I Hope You Have A Magical Vacation And Birthday! :wishes:

MushuGrl
08-31-2009, 03:17 PM
From the girl known to have a funnel cake for dinner while on vacation..WHOOHOOO!

I hope they continue this through January!

Didn't DL do something like this for Fantasmic? I remember we tried to get something like it in 2006 when we went, but unfortunately there was no Fantasmic the days we were there. (And if I remember it was a STEEEP price...)

DebbieFr
09-01-2009, 10:35 AM
So has anyone acutally done this yet? We are hoping to book this for October and wondered what it was actually like:party:.

We are parents. grandparents and an almost 9 year old. Thanks in advance:cloud9: