PDA

View Full Version : Confusion on DDP

redleg96
08-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Don't take this the wrond way, I'm not trying to 'beat' any system, I'm just confused....On the 'standard' dining plan (1 TS, 1 QS, 1 snack per person per day) is there a difference between the adult and child quick service credits? I know in the past, my 'receipt' always showed number of 'adult ts' and 'child ts' but the qs were always grouped together. Are they 'equal' in the grand scheme of things or is there a difference between the two? Thanks

Figment!
08-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Per the Disney Dining Plan literature, Child Quick Service Credits may only be redeemed for Child Meals where available.

TheRustyScupper
08-27-2009, 08:47 AM
1) Disney found out they were losing money.
2) People would do OOP for kids and use all the coupons for adult meals.
3) Sol they lost up to $20 per day on a kid coupon.
4) Now, kids and adult coupons are separate.

WDWCrazyKaren
08-27-2009, 08:50 AM
And it still amazes me that at Disney, once you are 9, you are an adult. My 12 year old eats less than the average size of a childs meal. ARGH. Well, with the few OOP meals we will pay for, she can have a kids meal. Heck, I probably will too!

Sorry, this was off topic!

Mickey91
08-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Disney started separating the child's credit at CS about 2 years ago. If your child does not like most of the kid's menu, and who could blame them, try using that credit at your resort for the kid's breakfast platter. A nice meal, and better than what you get at lunch elsewhere. Then pay OOP for whatever they will eat in the park.

Mickey91
08-28-2009, 09:04 AM
1) Disney found out they were losing money.
2) People would do OOP for kids and use all the coupons for adult meals.
3) Sol they lost up to $20 per day on a kid coupon.
4) Now, kids and adult coupons are separate.
Or they were getting their kids a decent adult meal rather then the yuck they try to pass off as "healthy" for the kids.:ack: There should still be the option of chicken strips and fries. It is vacation!

baldburke
08-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Or they were getting their kids a decent adult meal rather then the yuck they try to pass off as "healthy" for the kids.:ack: There should still be the option of chicken strips and fries. It is vacation!

That's funny! We felt the same way so we are passing on DDP for the first time in about 15 years. Kids are on vacation and they want to have too. The options offered just aren't appealing to our kids.