PDA

View Full Version : cheapest room option for 5 people in Sept

LoriSan
08-26-2009, 11:43 AM
I will be in the World in a few weeks, and I will probably book a bounceback free dining offer. What is generally the cheapest option for 5 people in Sept?

tink'72
08-26-2009, 11:44 AM
I would think the FW cabins would be. Actually maybe Port Orleans Riverside. They also can sleep 5 but with the cabins you would have way more room.

diz_girl
08-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Is this a traditional family of five or five adults? What the make-up? Who is related? This will help with the recommendations.

Mousemates
08-26-2009, 01:04 PM
lots of times...regardless of the make up of the group (unless you have someone small enough for a trundle bet at POR)...the cheapest way to do five on property is to get two value rooms.

jonahbear2006
08-26-2009, 01:09 PM
POR and two value rooms are very close in price. One being about 149 a night and the other being about 164 a night. We had to make this decision as well, so the questions you ask yourself are;
1. Do you want the waterslide at the pool.
2. Do you need the 2nd bathroom that a value would offer.
3. What location do you prefer.
4. Do you prefer the extra room that you will have over the landscaping a moderate offers or vice versa.
5. Do you want to spend the extra hundred bucks to stay value for the week.

These few questions will lead you to the right answer for your family, I feel.

bruin1344
08-26-2009, 01:14 PM
2 rooms at a value resort if its family of two adults and 3 children/teenagers

TammiMcMan
08-26-2009, 02:33 PM
I know there are opinions about what is the "best" option, but here are some price comparisons so that you can figure out the cheapest option:

Value - $82 per night weekday; $92 weekends
X 2 = $169 average per night

Port Orleans - $149 weekday; $159 weekend

FW Cabin - $270

CR Garden - $285

The makeup of the group does matter. If you have more than 2 adults, then there are additional fees incurred for some of the rooms. For POR, it would be $15 more per night and for the CR, it would be $25 more per night.

There is a 12.5% room tax that needs to be added in and the AllStar resorts are actually in a 13% room tax area. It's pretty much a draw between 2 value rooms and 1 POR room with a trundle bed. I included the two other least expensive rooms, because depending on packages being offered, they could end up a good option. Hope that helps.

LoriSan
08-26-2009, 03:08 PM
wow, too many options.

It would be me, DH, DS5, and my 2 step sons 19 and 17. So yes, 4 adults and 1 child. It would be nice to have the waterslide, etc, that the mod offers, but we tend to be park commandos, so many times we don't even make it into the pool. So, I am usually OK with values. 2 Bathrooms, would be nice.

TammiMcMan
08-26-2009, 03:35 PM
It would be me, DH, DS5, and my 2 step sons 19 and 17. So yes, 4 adults and 1 child.In Disney terms, you would have 3 adults and 2 children. Sounds like 2 values might be the cheapest option. If you go with 1 room at a mod, you'd need to add $15/night more for the extra adult in the room. There's no guarantee however that you can get two connecting or even adjoining rooms. Hopefully, they would at least do their best in keeping you close to each other.

LoriSan
08-27-2009, 11:26 AM
There's no guarantee however that you can get two connecting or even adjoining rooms. Hopefully, they would at least do their best in keeping you close to each other.

I've been told this before, but I was also told that since the 19 yo is special needs, it would help towards getting the adjoining rooms. I shudder to think about the two teenagers off in a room by themselves with no supervision. :scared:

TammiMcMan
08-27-2009, 11:40 AM
I've been told this before, but I was also told that since the 19 yo is special needs, it would help towards getting the adjoining rooms. I shudder to think about the two teenagers off in a room by themselves with no supervision. :scared:I would suggest that you go through medical services then with your request. They're the only ones who can block and guarantee special room requests.