PDA

View Full Version : making reservations

trackbarroness
08-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Are reservations necessary for dining at DLR or DCA? And if it is how far out would you all reccommend we make the reservation? Or is it too late to do so? 18 days' out from our first ever visit to DLR.

NotaGeek
08-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Dining reservations isn't as necessary as it is at WDW, but if also kind of depends on the days you will be visiting DLR. If you plan on trying to eat at Blue Bayou, definitely make PS Reservations as its very like that BB will be have scarce availability, but if you are there mid-September you should be able to walk-up to most locations.

You can find full completely updated dining info in our Resort Guide (http://www.intercotwest.com/resortGuide/DiningDL.asp). Priority Seating can be made up to 60 days in advance by calling Disney Dining at (714) 781-DINE, or (714) 781-3463 -- since it's a free service why not make a couple of reservations, and then play it by ear. I use them very often while I am at at the DLR -- I just call them if we decide to eat table service to make sure the place isn't crazy busy and put in my name to save us time.

Magic Smiles
08-26-2009, 09:04 PM
We were there 12 - 19 August for our first visit and had reservations at Blue Bayou and for Goofy's Brunch at the Disneyland Hotel. It is a good thing that we did as it was CRAZY busy.
NOTE: No alcohol is served at Blue Bayou as it is in Disneyland Park. We thought the waiter was joking at first. Meal however was good.

Woozle
09-02-2009, 02:44 PM
We have found that during the Halloween and Xmas seasons the crowds are bad enough to need them.

BrerGnat
09-04-2009, 02:05 PM
I've never made an ADR for any DLR restaurant. I've eaten at MANY of them. Longest I've waited was about 15 minutes at Cafe Orleans on a Friday night. Since I'm a local, I never know exactly when I'll be at the park, so I just decide where to eat when I show up there.

It's not necessary. Especially during the week in mid September. You'll be fine.

Disney4us2
09-06-2009, 12:07 AM
When we go I will make ADR the day before I go to DL. I like the Carnation Cafe on Main Street. That place always has a line. The only ADR I did well in advance was for DD's birthday at Goofy's Kitchen.