PDA

View Full Version : Best room/hotel for large group?

DisneyOtaku
08-26-2009, 09:33 AM
There has been much talking about planning another friends-Disney trip this upcoming summer, mostly to celebrate graduating from graduate school before we all go our separate ways.

There's going to be six of us, and one will be a child of 15 (one of the other member's little sister). We're thinking of going three in one room, three in another, but if a suite will be cheaper, we'll do that. We're looking at moderate hotels as well, since three of us stayed at the POP last trip and we want an upgrade.

Any suggestions on which hotel will best suit our needs? We're going with the DDP, and we're kinda hoping to stay away from the PO since we live 2 hours away from the real NO--we know what it's like already :mickey:

sisterslovindisney
08-26-2009, 09:57 AM
We're trying CSR for our upcoming trip because it is a moderate but has queen size beds. I think two rooms there would be cheaper than a suite but I could be wrong.

dephenn
08-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Maybe you could look into renting points from a dvc member and rent a two bedroom. Not sure where or how to do it, but it could be an option. Good luck and have a great time.

TammiMcMan
08-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Coronado Springs is the only moderate resort with suites, but that will definitely cost more than 2 standard rooms. Your party could all fit in a Fort Wilderness cabin (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/fortwilderness/default.asp) if you like that theme. The bedding includes a full size bed and bunk beds in the bedroom, plus a full size murphy bed that pulls out of the wall in the living room. Might be nice if you all want to be "together". You're also just a boat ride away from the MK, which puts you in the vicinity of lots of restaurant choices (GF, Poly, WL, CR).

Having travelled in a large group though, sometimes it's nice to have your own space. Plus with 2 moderate rooms, you have 2 bathrooms. If you take POR's out of the mix, you're left with Coronado Springs (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/coronadosprings/default.asp) and Caribbean Beach (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/caribbeanbeach/default.asp). Both have very distinct themes and I know both are favorites of many here on INTERCOT.

For general pricing guidelines, a standard moderate room is about $190/night. A suite in CSR starts at $450/night and the FW cabin is $270 (July 18-Sep. 30).

DisneyOtaku
08-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Coronado Springs is the only moderate resort with suites, but that will definitely cost more than 2 standard rooms. Your party could all fit in a Fort Wilderness cabin (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/fortwilderness/default.asp) if you like that theme. The bedding includes a full size bed and bunk beds in the bedroom, plus a full size murphy bed that pulls out of the wall in the living room. Might be nice if you all want to be "together". You're also just a boat ride away from the MK, which puts you in the vicinity of lots of restaurant choices (GF, Poly, WL, CR).

I had run the cabins by them as an option, but I got a solid "no" from them--they would prefer the hotel to the cabins.

I guess my question is then which is better--the CBR or Corinado Springs?

andreallybadeggs
08-27-2009, 10:46 PM
I had run the cabins by them as an option, but I got a solid "no" from them--they would prefer the hotel to the cabins.

I guess my question is then which is better--the CBR or Corinado Springs?

And the answer is "Yes"...totally depends on who answers the question. CBR is a family favorite. We like the Caribbean theme, the nice vegetation, the laid back atmosphere, the proximity to EPCOT and HS. DH actually prefers it to many of the deluxe's we've stayed at, especially for the more manageable price.
Coronado Springs has nice pool area , more elaborate (and pricier) food court, also nice theme and more conventions so to some people's thinking seems more upscale. Haven't used either bus system but both get mixed reviews. In short,
They are both nice resorts and I really don't think you can go wrong but suggest you start another thread and let each camp weigh in.
Have a great celebration!:mickey:

TammiMcMan
08-27-2009, 11:47 PM
And the answer is "Yes"...totally depends on who answers the question.Great response and so true :thumbsup: .