PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Legs

5 Mousekteers
08-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Turkey legs.....To share or not to share?? What do you do?
I noticed during this trip that a lot of people would buy one turkey leg and share it amongst their family members. Now this would be ok if you and your spouse shared one, but I kept seeing families of 3 or more with one turkey leg passing it back and forth taking bites. I think I would splurge and buy a couple so I didn't have to share:blush:.

DisneyGlutton
08-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Just Say NO! It may look and smell yummy, but it tastes like nasty ham.

badkitty
08-26-2009, 01:26 AM
I tried one once (my sister and I actually split one) and I did not like it. It was way too greasy for me to be enjoyable. I voted no as well.

Ms. Mode
08-26-2009, 08:25 AM
The meat is stringy and tough....yuck:ack:

SurferStitch
08-26-2009, 08:45 AM
They smell great, but look greasy and gross. I'm not one to chomp down on poultry legs. I'm a knife and fork gal, and stick to white meat. :D

DH keeps saying he wants to try one, but 17 trips later, and he still hasn't.

RocknBev
08-26-2009, 09:04 AM
I think that they taste GREAT! Of course they are too big for just me so I typically take a couple of bites and then hand it over to my hubby!

BugeyedMuggy
08-26-2009, 09:53 AM
They're great with hot sauce!:-o

divinedi
08-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Just one word 'YUCK'!

SBETigg
08-26-2009, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't share my turkey leg. I would get one per person. But we tried the turkey legs once and found them so hard to eat with all the tendons that we're just not fans of the turkey legs. Once was enough.

MirandaC
08-26-2009, 12:25 PM
family loves turkey legs! i can only handle a few bites, so DH and DD (9) share it between the two of them. we use forks to pull off meat, do not bite directly into!!

RAIDER
08-27-2009, 03:49 AM
I share .... But i love the smell more than the taste :blush:

SurferStitch
08-27-2009, 04:08 PM
...found them so hard to eat with all the tendons...

Tendons.....:ack:

:faint:

:medic:

I want NO tendons in my food.

caryrae
08-27-2009, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't share my turkey leg. I would get one per person. But we tried the turkey legs once and found them so hard to eat with all the tendons that we're just not fans of the turkey legs. Once was enough.

That is exactly what I was gonna say. I tried it once too and hated trying to eat around all the tendons. Not worth it. I also remember juice dripping all over making a mess.

Mousemates
08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
I enjoy the smell of the turkey legs more than the actual eating of them...they are good for the first several bites...but then the heaviness/grease begins to hit my digestive tract and tends to leave me wishing I had just said no...with effects that tend to linger for a while.

word of counsel: Do not eat turkeyleg just prior to multiple rides on ToT :sick:

#1donaldfan
08-28-2009, 12:24 PM
...it's just a snack, so why would you want to buy one for each person in your party.....unless you were all adults and were very hungry....we normally just get one (fam of 5), and like most have said, the smell far outweighs the taste, be that as it may, we typically get one, and just pull off what we want, even at that, I don't think we five have ever eaten an entire leg, so with 5 of them what a great waste that would be.....just sayn'...:cool:

Dopey's Girl
08-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Turkey legs at WDW are a running joke in my family! We play the game "would you rather." As in, would you rather eat a turkey leg or lick the bottom of your shoe. Shoe wins every time over those tendony, rubbery looking things! :sick:

ILoveLegos
08-29-2009, 03:57 PM
My family eats them in a sharing way, we all liberally use hand sanitizer and then there is the designated holder of the turkey leg (usually my dad), and then we pluck chunks of meat off to eat as we stand to the side and enjoy the treat. No one actually bites into the turkey leg, and it's easier to manage the tendons that way and more sanitary. However we are only four (my folks, dad's sister & me).

Disney4us2
08-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Although they do look good, I have never had one.

I see a lot of guests with those big pickles too. Never tried that either ( I like my pickles with a good burger or sandwich).

I love the Mickey pretzles and frozen bananas, or a Mickey Ice cream :bar:

DisneyDog
08-30-2009, 05:17 PM
We got them once on Thanksgiving. It just seemed appropriate. DH and I each got our own. I, too, found them to be stringy and tough -- very difficult to eat. Smelled wonderful but tasted only so-so.

jakeofwildwood
08-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Ewww turkey legs. They taste like ham thanks to the brining and I think turkey should taste like, well...turkey! Give me a Mickey Bar any day :cloud9:

mouseketeer mom
08-31-2009, 09:21 AM

I'm with you Sherri. Its the whole tendon thing....the outer part of the turkey leg is delicious to me, but once you start eating it, it feels like I'm back in biology class. Way too much information in that turkey leg!!

Belle619
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
I agree that they look and smell way better than they taste. My sister and I got one to share a few trips back and we each could only do a few bites before we had to toss it. :ack: