PDA

View Full Version : Booking Question

NH Disneyfan
08-25-2009, 10:23 PM
I am working on a booking for 4 families and have a question. Does anyone have experience with this?

Family 1 arrives Thursday - Goes into a 1 BR
Family 2 arrives Saturday - Possible to expand 1BR to a 2 BR?
Family 3 & 4 arrive Saturday - Studios for each.

Is this expansion possible? What other possibilities would I have?

Thanks!

Pirate Granny
08-25-2009, 11:04 PM
One word for you...use Magical Journeys...they will sort this out for you...with no charge...experts at what they do.
:pirate:

Maleficent's Dad
08-25-2009, 11:08 PM
You staying on DVC points? Everyone else on points or cash?

NH Disneyfan
08-26-2009, 07:01 AM
All DVC points

TheDuckRocks
08-26-2009, 08:25 AM
:confused: I'm very,very new to this DVC thing but I was completely unaware that Magical Journeys did reservations for DVC members using their points. I love Nanci and her girls who are always so generous with their sharing insider information with us here on Intercot but looking over their website I didn't see where you would do a DVC reservation.:confused: Please explain.

lockedoutlogic
08-26-2009, 11:11 AM
One word for you...use Magical Journeys...they will sort this out for you...with no charge...experts at what they do.
:pirate:

Two things for you:

1. booking disney is not hard
2. it's DVC...they are of no use here

lockedoutlogic
08-26-2009, 11:13 AM
:confused: I'm very,very new to this DVC thing but I was completely unaware that Magical Journeys did reservations for DVC members using their points. I love Nanci and her girls who are always so generous with their sharing insider information with us here on Intercot but looking over their website I didn't see where you would do a DVC reservation.:confused: Please explain.

they don't.....that's not how travel agencies work....

they receive basically a commission from the package purchased from WDW wholesale...or else they charge booking fees....

That completely does not apply to vacation club

TheDuckRocks
08-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Thank you, this is the way I thought it was. Good to know I haven't lost my mind completely yet.:D

dlpmikki
08-26-2009, 04:12 PM
They may be able to do a one bed lock off and then attach the studio when the second family arrives. No guarantees on that.

For all of the reservations you can request to be near each other but may not be in same building. It might help if you book them all as 'near hospitality house' as they would all be in fairly easy walking distance of each other even if you did end up in different buildings.

FiggyFan
08-26-2009, 08:46 PM
You will end up making four reservations as follows:

#1 : 1BR, arriving Thurs, departing Sat. (Family 1)
#2 : 2 BR, Arriving Sat, departing at end (Families 1 and 2)
#3 : Studio, Arriving Sat, departing at end (Family 3)
#4 : Studio, Arriving Sat, departing at end (Family 4)

As dlpmikki said, you may be able to request that ressie #2 be satisfied by adding a studio to the 1BR of ressie #1 to create a lock-off 2BR. You can request this when you make the reservation through DVC member services. If that does not work, Family #1 will have to move on Saturday. The resort will make the move pretty easy for you, but it would mean repacking your luggage.