PDA

View Full Version : Changing reservations?

NewDVCowner
08-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Hey all,

So, I'm very new to this, I haven't yet used my points and am planning a trip next year. I haven't gotten to the 11 month mark so I haven't made reservations yet, but here's my question. Just how easy is it to change reservation dates. Here's the situation. Because of school schedules the best time for my family to go to WDW is in the super crazy week of Christmas. (Since the family lives on both coasts it's kind of a trip together/family reunion/celebrate the holiday together type thing.) I was planning on calling as soon as possible on February 1st to make that reservation and now I'm I'm starting to think 'what if I can't get it?' So, if I was to make a reservation for Thanksgiving week (yes, I know, also very busy) in January, and then call back in Feburary to get the December dates, how difficult is it to cancel the first reservation and get the second?

And now I'm wondering, since January 1st is a holiday are you still able to make reservations over the phone that day?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Aryn

VWL Mom
08-25-2009, 07:55 PM
I had to change my last trip and it wasn't bad at all. They usually check to see if what you want is available, go over the new points with you, cancel the old and book the new.

You may want to check your 11 month windows. If you are traveling November 24th your 11 month window would be December 24th not January 1. Same for Xmas time, 11 months prior to date of travel.

Also, if your not using your points this use year, don't forget to bank them on time so you don't lose them.

NewDVCowner
08-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks very much for the quick response. I must have been mistaken on the timing, then. I thought that the booking window started on the first of the month 11 months out, so for, say, December 24th, the booking window would start February 1, not February 24th. Is that not correct?

Thanks again!

Aryn

VWL Mom
08-26-2009, 12:26 PM
It is 11 months prior to the date so for Dec 24th your booking window would be January 24th.

NewDVCowner
08-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Mmm. I had the math all wonky in my head. Thanks for the help! I would have been really disappointed if I missed my window!

Aryn

seanyred
08-27-2009, 11:20 AM
To answer your question about changing a reservation, it was very easy...My change was not very drastic but I originally had 7 day trip planned for this November the week before Thanksgiving. But I found cheaper air fare which extended my trip by 3 more days :mickey: I used the online request form to add the extra days and got the confirmation a day later.

wendy*darling
08-28-2009, 04:12 PM
It doesn't look like this is an issue any longer, but it might help you or someone else in the future.

As far as calling DVC Member Services on Holidays- no, you would have to wait until the next day they are open They are a bit more flexible now with their phone hours than in the past, but they would be closed on holidays.

If you are calling for ADRs using the Disney Dining number- they ARE open 365 days a year- so if your 180 day window lands on a holiday, make the call anyway.

:mickey:

NewDVCowner
08-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks everyone for your help!