PDA

View Full Version : Bee sting

disneymom15
08-25-2009, 02:51 PM
I was stung by a bee on Sunday night. The sting was on top of my foot. The stinger is out but my foot is still swollen and tingling. Any suggestions on what I can do, how long will this last? We leave for Disney on Sunday, I'm sure it will be better by then.

DizNee143
08-25-2009, 03:07 PM
the only thing i could think of is to go to the doctors and see what they have to say..
or take some benadryl.
i know my hubby is severly allergic to bee stings..if he got stung he would have to use his epi and then go straight to the ER..
i hope your foot is better by the time your vacation is here!! :)

wilcat
08-25-2009, 03:30 PM
My DH got stung on his hand a couple of weeks ago an it swelled up to twice its size. He took some Benedryl ,which he really does not think helped, but the swelling went away in a few days. Have a great trip!

MNNHFLTX
08-25-2009, 03:35 PM
The swelling will probably be gone (or almost gone) by the time you leave on Sunday. You might be able to hasten it along by keeping your foot elevated as much as possible and applying cold packs several times a day for 30 minutes or so. If the swelling continues to get worse or the becomes painful, I would call your doctor.

Ian
08-25-2009, 03:40 PM
You might be mildly allergic to bee stings, which is what caused the reaction. I have the same thing and whenever I'm stung I just use ice/heat, elevation, and Benadryl and the symptoms are usually gone in 24 hours.

kakn7294
08-25-2009, 05:14 PM
As strange as it sounds, you can also use Pepcid. Even though it's a stomach medication, it's a form of antihistimine. Last time I had a bad sting, my doc recommended Pepcid and Zyrtec together.

nyobabe2
08-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Sometimes a paste made up of baking soda and water rubbed onto the area helps with the sting

Magic Smiles
08-25-2009, 08:02 PM
I was stung by a bee a couple of summers ago. DH told me to spray on WD40 (oil). Yah, right I said. Well we did and the stinging went away immediately. Hardly left any mark at all. It was amazing.

kakn7294
08-27-2009, 12:39 AM
I was stung by a bee a couple of summers ago. DH told me to spray on WD40 (oil). Yah, right I said. Well we did and the stinging went away immediately. Hardly left any mark at all. It was amazing.I've heard this too but you have to be very careful with using something like this as the chemicals will penetrate the skin, especially in the area of an open wound from a stinger or bite, and could have potentially serious harmful effects.

brad192
08-27-2009, 03:06 PM
To quote a line from one of my favorite movies...

"Put some Windex on it." :rotfl:

Just kidding. ;)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-30-2009, 09:15 PM
I don't remember if this is for bee stings or mosquito bites but putting meat tenderizer is supposed to help one of them.
Cold compresses too.