PDA

View Full Version : Eating at a TS Alone

Tinkerbella16
08-24-2009, 04:23 PM
So my upcoming trip we have made all of our ADR's for each day and got everything we wanted. One day we are going to Universal & IOA, and didn't realize that the others that I'm going with only got 6 day park hoppers. I got 7 day park hoppers so I can go to a park for EMH after Universal.

Well now that leaves me with an extra tableservice to use! I was thinking about going to my favorite, Kona Cafe for breakfast since it didn't make the final ADR list with everyone. I should just go ahead and enjoy myself at my favorite restaurant/resort right?

I never dined alone though! I don't care what others think but should I bring a book or something with me? I just like having someone to talk to during a meal, and I won't have that.

VWL Mom
08-24-2009, 04:28 PM
I think a Kona Cafe breakfast by myself would be lovely! You could bring a book, people watch or simply enjoy the quiet.

Tinkerbella16
08-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah it usually is the one place I always go to for breakfast at some point of each trip. I love the Poly just for the atmosphere, and Kona has a great breakfast and the BEST coffee I've ever had.

MistressGracey
08-24-2009, 04:40 PM
If you're going to be at Epcot that last evening by yourself, maybe you could consider booking a late dinner at Biergarten in Germany? You are seated in large groups, and from what I've heard, most folks are very friendly and talkative. I can't give a recommend on the food yet, as next month will be our first time dining here, but just thought I'd share this suggestion.

Have a wonderful trip!:)

MNNHFLTX
08-24-2009, 04:42 PM
I think the Kona for breakfast sounds lovely! As far as bringing something to read--if it was for lunch or supper, I'm not sure that I would feel comfortable doing that. But since breakfast is usually more casual, reading a newspaper or book is probably okay.

It'sWDW4me
08-24-2009, 05:25 PM
So my upcoming trip we have made all of our ADR's for each day and got everything we wanted. One day we are going to Universal & IOA, and didn't realize that the others that I'm going with only got 6 day park hoppers. I got 7 day park hoppers so I can go to a park for EMH after Universal.

Well now that leaves me with an extra tableservice to use! I was thinking about going to my favorite, Kona Cafe for breakfast since it didn't make the final ADR list with everyone. I should just go ahead and enjoy myself at my favorite restaurant/resort right?

I never dined alone though! I don't care what others think but should I bring a book or something with me? I just like having someone to talk to during a meal, and I won't have that.

:confused: I'm confused. Is everyone staying on property for the same amount of time? Dining credits are based on the number of nights stayed, not how many ticket days you have. Unless you're staying an extra night by yourself, you'll have the same number of meals available as everyone else in your party.

jmj18
08-24-2009, 05:31 PM
I've never used the dining plan so I can't help you with the credits....BUT I would totally eat at Kona myself. I LOVE it there!!! I would read the paper or people watch!!!! Enjoy!!!

BMan62
08-24-2009, 05:43 PM
:confused: I'm confused. Is everyone staying on property for the same amount of time? Dining credits are based on the number of nights stayed, not how many ticket days you have. Unless you're staying an extra night by yourself, you'll have the same number of meals available as everyone else in your party.

:ditto: Park tickets mean nothing when it comes to the DDP. Meals are based on the nights of your stay.

Tinkerbella16
08-24-2009, 06:04 PM
:ditto: Park tickets mean nothing when it comes to the DDP. Meals are based on the nights of your stay.

Hmmmm I did not even think of that! I'm usually more on point than that! haha. Yes everyone is staying on-property 7 nights just like me, but I guess my sister meant that since my aunt and uncle got 6-day park hoppers...they wouldn't be able to use the extra TS credit at a specific restaurant at a park.

Does that sound right?

Since I have a 7-days, I can use it for where ever I want then...and I'd rather use it for breaKfast since I'm a breakfast eater! They aren't, we have 4 dinners and 2 breakfasts set-up for the week, when I would have rather had another breakfast...so maybe I will just go on my own to Kona regardless.

It'sWDW4me
08-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Hmmmm I did not even think of that! I'm usually more on point than that! haha. Yes everyone is staying on-property 7 nights just like me, but I guess my sister meant that since my aunt and uncle got 6-day park hoppers...they wouldn't be able to use the extra TS credit at a specific restaurant at a park.

Does that sound right?

Since I have a 7-days, I can use it for where ever I want then...and I'd rather use it for breaKfast since I'm a breakfast eater! They aren't, we have 4 dinners and 2 breakfasts set-up for the week, when I would have rather had another breakfast...so maybe I will just go on my own to Kona regardless.

That is true that the rest of your party won't be able to enter a park on day #7 to go to dinner. But..... Kona is not in a park! Everyone could go to the Poly for breakfast. Problem solved. :party:

Edit: meh, just re-read that they're not breakfast eaters. Oh, well. Enjoy your tonga toast!! :)

MinnieMommie
08-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Eating at Kona alone for breakfast should be no problem at all with or without reading materials but I would bring them just in case you feel uncomfortable when you are there. :mickey:

Tinkerbella16
08-24-2009, 07:35 PM
That is true that the rest of your party won't be able to enter a park on day #7 to go to dinner. But..... Kona is not in a park! Everyone could go to the Poly for breakfast. Problem solved. :party:

Edit: meh, just re-read that they're not breakfast eaters. Oh, well. Enjoy your tonga toast!! :)

Yeah I think its gonna have to be a Kona breakfast alone..I'll just bring a book or magazine with me, since I won't be there too long. Tonga Toast yummmmmy!!!!!

Tinkerbella16
08-24-2009, 07:40 PM
At all of our meals during this trip its going to be 13 of us...we're split up at 3 diff resorts (Pop, CBR & BLT) so I've never traveled with so many people before, and it really is hard to get in where everyone wants to eat. The one TS dinner I've been wanting for so long was Le'Cellier, but everyone else wanted Tutto Italia, and I really don't care to go there since all we eat is italian already here at home. So I was lucky enough to get Le'Cellier for 3 ppl at 6:05 and Tutto for 10 also at 6:05 on the same night so we can meet up afterwards.

I woke up early and made all our adr's for this trip for all of us, and I'm basically planning this whole thing so maybe it'll be nice for myself to get away on my own for a little and have a nice breakfast at my favorite place!! It will be much needed! :mickey:

ransam
08-24-2009, 09:08 PM
it's also a good time to talk to the waiter/waitress...maybe you can get some inside secrets or something!

badkitty
08-24-2009, 09:18 PM
You will love Kona's alone for breakfast. It is my favorite get-away!