PDA

View Full Version : Counter service at HS

poohbearkris
08-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi, I was wondering what everybody's opinion was on a good counter service at Hollywood Studios. We are not really hamburger or hot dog people. We were thinking of trying the sandwiches at Starring Rolls Cafe. Has anybody eaten there? Also the only kids item I saw on that menu was PB & J. Does anybody know if they have anything else or can they get something else as my nephew has a peanut allergy and cannot be in close proximity to peanut butter. Or any other ideas or opinions would be great. Thanks.

BluewaterBrad
08-24-2009, 03:35 PM
I love the chicken curry at ABC commisionary. Spicy!:mickey:

Gator
08-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Don't know how old your nephew is, but if he likes Toy Story, he'll really like Pizza Planet over by the Muppetts 3D. There also used to be a little trailer near the entrance of Indy that sold Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches. There weren't the best, but it was better than chicken strips and burgers.

jpH/keD
08-24-2009, 04:34 PM
CS is an issue at DHS. We just got a milkshake at Min and Bills which was very filling and left for a resort dinner a bit early. Pizza Planet is ok. Good luck!

Pirate Granny
08-24-2009, 08:12 PM
I love the sloppy joe's at...hummm...it's the CS across from Star Wars...and it's on the children's menu...it's the only CS I enjoy at HS...but I've been meaning to try the Starring Rolls cafe.
:pirate:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-25-2009, 10:29 AM
The deli sandwiches and pastries at Starring Rolls are to die for and I highly recommend it....I don't remember about kids meals but there is another counter service close by ?maybe Studio Catering that you can probably go across and grab something for them there or even take your meals from Starring rolls there.

bruin1344
08-25-2009, 01:09 PM
None of the CS really sticks out like the ones at Epcot, MK, or DTD.

ffrda
08-25-2009, 04:03 PM
The Backlot Express has a good Grilled Turkey sandwich......highly recommended!

joonyer
08-25-2009, 04:33 PM
ABC commissary has Chicken Yakitori (Japenese kebabs) Tabbouleh wraps and stir-fry noodles. All are very good.

poohbearkris
08-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the info. I think we are going to try the Starring Roles Cafe.

magicofdisney
08-26-2009, 12:33 AM
The Backlot Express has a good Grilled Turkey sandwich......highly recommended!
:thumbsup: Completely agree.

I love the sloppy joe's at...hummm...it's the CS across from Star Wars... :mickey: This would be The Backlot Express. I believe the sloppy joe is on the kid's menu but it is good.

ransam
08-26-2009, 02:23 AM
the abc commis...place is great. lots of choices.

AmandaChan
08-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Many people don't have great things to say about CS in DHS but DH and I like ABC Comissary. They have a Cuban sandwich and Curry chicken, along with the basic hamburger and other things.

thesplashmountaineer
08-26-2009, 08:57 AM
My son and my wife have peanut allergies.
I would like to say that in my opinion WDW is the safest place for people with food allergies.
If they have P & J on the menu, it is sealed and not prepared on location.
If you go to a counter service, the manager will come to talk to you to accomodate your needs and can prepare something that is not on the menu if necessary.
If you go to a table service restaurant, the Chef will come to you and explain everything on the menu.
So if you choose a restaurant and you think that there is nothing for your nephew on the menu because of his allergies, I would suggest to speak to the manager or to the chef before deciding if you’re going to eat there or not.

SurferStitch
08-26-2009, 08:59 AM
ABC commissary has Chicken Yakitori (Japenese kebabs) Tabbouleh wraps and stir-fry noodles. All are very good.

I'll :ditto: this. We really like the food here.

Starring Rolls is also very good. We've only done a quick breakfast there, but the sandwiches do look delicious!