PDA

View Full Version : Merlin - the tv show

Princess'Mom
08-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Channelsurfing on a Saturday night, I stumbled upon the tv show "Merlin". I didn't get a chance to watch the entire series, but I did see 4 shows. I liked it! Anyone else out there see this show? What did you think? What do you think its chances are of being picked up for another season? Does anyone know if this show is a 'transplant' from the UK?

NotaGeek
08-24-2009, 03:43 PM
I have really enjoyed the whole series, no idea if its from the UK though. Did you Google it?

Update: I seached and this whole show was produced by BBC and they did 13 episodes. I hope that we get to watch the next series!

Pagan
08-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Tried to watch it, but it strayed so far from the original story of Merlin that it was ridiculous.

Kind of Merlin for the "Twilight" crowd.

Rhetoric2000
08-26-2009, 04:34 AM
Merlin is indeed a BBC show, intended to be its number two flagship family drama after Doctor Who.

It has been commissioned for a second 13-episode series.

The Beeb almost never cancels something after one series. Robin Hood was pretty much a critical and ratings disaster and that has had four series before being canned, so Merlin will very probably be around for some time if they can keep the actors.

bicker
08-26-2009, 06:50 AM
We thought Merlin was a really good summer series. I think its variations from the traditional story were its greatest strengths. If we already know what is going to happen, then I would find that utterly boring.

I think my AARP card-carrying wife would love being included with the "Twilight" crowd. :D

Princess'Mom
08-26-2009, 10:12 AM
We thought Merlin was a really good summer series. I think its variations from the traditional story were its greatest strengths. If we already know what is going to happen, then I would find that utterly boring.

I think my AARP card-carrying wife would love being included with the "Twilight" crowd. :D

DITTO! :D

Pagan
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
And that's why shows like that get to exist. :D

Disneyatic
09-05-2009, 08:31 PM
I watched this show throughout the summer and really like it. I hope it comes back again!

pixiesmimi
09-13-2009, 06:21 PM
I started watching the show in the beginning but then it conflicted with Big Brother and I kept forgetting it was on. :( I enjoyed the ones I got to watch and hope maybe they will show reruns and I'll get to see the whole thing.