PDA

View Full Version : Tonga Toast question

big blue and hairy
08-24-2009, 09:39 AM
What is the difference (if any) between the Tonga Toast at Kona Kafe, and at Captain Cooks?

Thanks.

:sulley:

WorldTraveler
08-24-2009, 09:50 AM
The price.:D

One web site has the price at $10.99 vs $5.09.

Well, the Tonga Toast in Kona Cafe comes with your choice of ham, bacon or sausage. At Captain Cooks, they are add on items.

If you want a nice relaxing breakfast, nothing beats Kona Cafe. If you want to get in and out and do not mind getting it yourself at the counter, Captain Cooks is a great alternative.

Also, if you crave Tonga Toast and do not have an ADR for Kona Cafe, Captian Cooks is your place.

mouseketeer mom
08-24-2009, 09:57 AM
The Tonga toast is the same, one you're serving yourself, the other is being brought out to you with a side of breakfast meat in a relaxing restaurant. The toast itself is the same.

big blue and hairy
08-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks!

:sulley:

NJGIRL
08-25-2009, 10:18 AM
I have always wanted to try the toast (it sounds so good)but have never made to effort to get to the Kona:( Maybe on the next trip.

renecat
08-25-2009, 02:08 PM
I have always wanted to try the toast (it sounds so good)but have never made to effort to get to the Kona:( Maybe on the next trip.
You should make it a point to get to Kona's it a great place to eat. The toast is also very yummy!!!

RAIDER
08-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Sorry

But what is tonga toast ? as you all rave about it :blush:

WDWCrazyKaren
08-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Sorry

But what is tonga toast ? as you all rave about it :blush:

Tonga Toast is a banana stuffed french toast, with a wonderful cinnamonny-sugary coating. It is simply fabulous. It's worth the trip. In my eyes, better than the Dole Whips everyone raves about (that aren't my favorite!).

Kona Cafe is a wonderful, generally not as loud, restaurant at the Poly. Great coffee, nice atmosphere and Tonga Toast. If only it was right in front of me now.

Patricia
08-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Mmmmm.. Tonga Toast Recipe (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/tongatoast.asp)

Although.. being served Tonga Toast in WDW has a certain magic about it.