PDA

View Full Version : Which section/building at Beach Club?

ryels
08-24-2009, 09:16 AM
We will be staying at Beach Club for the first time in January.

For those of you who have stayed before, is there a certain section/building/room that you like the best? I would like to make a room request at some point , but since it seems to be one long building I'm not even sure what to ask for.

Thanks in advance!

tink'72
08-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Great question! I am going to the Beach Club next year and was wondering the same thing.

TammiMcMan
08-24-2009, 11:28 AM
It's basically set up like a standard hotel, so there aren't any outer buildings. What view do you have booked? That may help with suggestions. Also, the BC is pretty much known for not having a high number of full balconies. If having a big balcony is important to you, then you might want to make that your only request, or ask for something on the ground floor.

Jeff T
08-24-2009, 12:01 PM
We just returned from the Beach Club in late July, and are annual visitors to this great resort. As mentioned in an earlier post, the Beach Club is one contiguous building that stretches from EPCOT's International Gateway entrance to the Yacht Club Resort. You basically have 3 views: facing the parking lot, the wooded area towards EPCOT and a water view facing the Boardwalk Resort. As with the other Disney resorts, each of these views is limited or obstructed, but you get the idea. Typically, we request a room on one of the upper floors, close to the lobby with a full balcony. Just for kicks we also request a room with a water view. Over the years, more often then not, we received a room based on our request, including the water view. However, on our recent trip they could only accomodate our request for a room close to the lobby on an upper floor. We faced the main entrance to the hotel (e.g. auto valet and loading/unloading area). We find being close to the lobby just makes things easier when traveling with our young kids. Overall, the location matters very little, other than the view. It's not a huge resort like the Poly, or GF.

Enjoy...you will love the Beach Club.

MOJoe
08-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Hard to argue with being close to the lobby with a balcony and water view. But i requested a standard view ground floor room on our visit last June. I must say that it was very convenient. The quiet pool was just steps away, and being ground level made trips to the marketplace easy. The only drawback is that people walking by can see into the room if the drapes are open. Full sized balconies are hard to come by here, but for me, a patio was just as good - if not better.

jonahbear2006
08-26-2009, 02:38 AM
i would want the second floor that takes the stairway down to the lobby. I think it is the most prestigious as far as im concerned.

Jillirose
08-26-2009, 09:34 PM
We stayed in a room facing downtown disney, overlooking the water, 2nd floor balcony. After a long day at the World, we loved retiring to our room and looking out at all the lights and hearing the night sounds (pool, boats, etc.). It was so pretty.... I would definately do it again.

Maleficent's Dad
08-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Very recently, my sister's family stayed in the BC proper while mine was in the villas. She had requested a room with a full balcony (she booked "Standard View"). Her room was great - it was close to the single elevator (near the quiet pool) on the second floor. She faced Epcot. One of the better "Standard View" rooms I've seen. We've always been thrown into one of the rooms overlooking the parking/valet/drive-up area!

I don't recall her room number, but making the request for the full balcony seemed to do it for her.