PDA

View Full Version : Will my 10yr old be to Old?? :)

REV
08-24-2009, 09:15 AM
Will my 10yr old Daughter be too old for the princess make over they have at the castle and downtown disney. I was thinking of doing the package that has the dress and pictures and hair. She still enjoys the princess and will be 10 years old when we go next year. I wasn't sure by next year if she would still think it was cool. What are some of the ages your daughters have done and has anyone with a 10 year old or older done this. Thanks Intercot.

kakn7294
08-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Absolutely not if she wants to do it. I saw an 80 yo grandma there a few years ago getting the full treatment (minus the costume of course) to celebrate her birthday. She had a fantastic time! My DDs were 5 and 10 at the time and they were getting done.

It'sWDW4me
08-24-2009, 09:31 AM
IMO, make an appointment for a few days into your stay. Before the trip she may think she's too old but once she walks through the time-warp machine (aka "under the train track") and onto Main Street, she'll be really glad there's an appointment ready and waiting for her! ;)

Edit: I forgot - in the extremely unlikely event that she's found to be impervious to the wonders of Disney magic, the appointment could be canceled. :mickey:

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-24-2009, 11:43 AM
i want2do this but im a 12 yr old male...

poohbearkris
08-24-2009, 02:35 PM
When I was there, there were a few women in their 40's having it done. You are never too old for anything at Disney!!!

GrandFlo
08-24-2009, 03:16 PM
IMO, make an appointment for a few days into your stay. Before the trip she may think she's too old but once she walks through the time-warp machine (aka "under the train track") and onto Main Street, she'll be really glad there's an appointment ready and waiting for her! ;)

I think this is a great idea :thumbsup:.

By the way, I'm 40 and thought of doing this. Nice to know I wouldn't be the only "old" lady :blush:.

trudisneygal
08-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Well my sister and I went to the BBB in Dec 2007 and we're in our 20's! It was something we just wanted to do and they told us all ages have done it, so no way is she too old! IMO you're only as old as you feel:mickey:

barbiegirl314
08-27-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm 42 y/o and always thought I was to old. Now that I've read about the other women who have gone I am definitely making myself an appointment at the BBB when I go next year!

I have 2 DS and DH so this will be some nice magical "me" time!:cloud9:

LoriSan
08-27-2009, 02:26 PM
I told DH that if they had dresses in my size I would go get the whole she-bang done. I'm 40 :mickey:

Mousemates
08-28-2009, 01:08 PM

:thumbsup: exactly, lots of kids are "too grown up" to do a lot of things until they get to WDW and realize how much fun just being a kid really is.

Mickey91
08-31-2009, 12:49 AM
My eleven year old still likes it! I wouldn't get your heart set on the dress though. Depending on how big she is, they may not have one her size. My daughter is too big for the dresses. I can't remember what size they go to.

BelleandtheBeast
09-10-2009, 11:16 PM
There is no age limit. I am actually thinking about doing it myself and I am 29. I just want to feel like a princess. I am a little worried people will think I am a fruitcake, but hey you only live once.