PDA

View Full Version : Cbr & Ecv

tnpoohbear
08-24-2009, 07:46 AM
My DD and DS and I are going to WDW in October and are staying for the first time at CBR in a Pirate room. I have several questions, I will be in an ECV (severe knee problems). First, which building are the pirate rooms in, Second, how far is it from the food court and bus area, Third, will I have a problem using the ECV there with this busses etc... Fourth, are there any special things at CBR that we should make sure to see?:mickey:

Thanks for any info

TheDuckRocks
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM
One thing you do need to let Disney resrvations know is that for medical resons you need a room on the first floor. CBR are 2 story buildings with NO elevators, which is the reason we have never stayed there.

CleveRocks
08-24-2009, 12:03 PM
My DD and DS and I are going to WDW in October and are staying for the first time at CBR in a Pirate room. I have several questions, I will be in an ECV (severe knee problems). First, which building are the pirate rooms in, Second, how far is it from the food court and bus area, Third, will I have a problem using the ECV there with this busses etc... Fourth, are there any special things at CBR that we should make sure to see?:mickey:

Thanks for any infoAll of the Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South, which is the village that's farthest away from Old Port Royale, the complex that has the main pool, food court, etc.

All Disney Transport buses can handle ECVs, there's no difference between resorts.

mousetrapper
08-26-2009, 08:22 PM
In terms of what you should see at CBR, the entire resort is just beautiful IMHO. The landscaping is lush and tropical. There's a lovely beach area, and a wonderful path leading to Olde Port Royale (main building with shops and food court) and the main pool. Frequently there will be a steel drum band playing in front there. The pool is also great, and I hear they've updated it to include some pirate-y elements.

CBR is the resort we've stayed in the most, and we really do love it. We've always requested and gotten a ground floor room, which is nice.

Inside the rooms are very comfortable and nicely decorated. Look for hidden Mickeys! I've not stayed in one of the pirate rooms but I'd love to see one! They look fantastic from the pictures I've seen.

Enjoy!