PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Costume

julyjewel
08-23-2009, 05:53 PM
My son wants to be a Pittsburgh Penguin Hockey player for Halloween. I really don't think I am going to find such a costume. Last year he went as a pittsburgh Steeler but we were able to find the costume at Penney's. Any suggestions?

Ed
08-23-2009, 06:14 PM
I would imagine that any of the major sporting goods stores in your area would carry Penguins gear - - jerseys, headgear, sticks w/logo, etc.

And don't forget to put some black wax over his front teeth. :D

DVC2004
08-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Your best bet is to assemble your own out of various pieces. I agree with above - try a sporting goods store and see what odds and ends you can find. Halloween stores may also have some generic bits and pieces - look up hockey player/ child. Good luck! Last year my son was Criss Angel (Magician). I bought a muscle torso "shirt" and a black wig, a pleather vest all from a Halloween store, used some of my eyeliner and purchased a Criss Angel hat from his online store. We also rigged a playing card to his finger with invisible string so he could " levitate" the card. It was a hit! Not only did it look just like him (although mini)- my son wona prize at school for best costume! Homemade and semi-homemade costumes are always cool!

yjgirl32
08-24-2009, 08:38 AM
First off- smart boy! Your most expensive item is the jersey. Then I too would go to a sporting goods store or a indoor skating rink and get the goofy long striped socks they wear. He could wear his bike helmet and elbow pads- if he has them. It might be easier than you think to get the outfit together. Good luck. Go Pens!