PDA

View Full Version : Osborne Lights

Belle_0717
08-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Hi all. I just read they will be starting the Osborne lights at DS on November 10. Does anyone know if it is every night or only select nights? I went back in 1999 and can't remember. Please let me know so we can plan. SO EXCITED!:pixie:

DisneyPrincess21
08-23-2009, 09:52 AM
They are shown every night! They are one of my favorite things about wdw at christmastime:cloud9:

:tink:
:santa3::santa: I hope you have a magical trip!:santa::santa3:

DreamFinder2
08-23-2009, 10:21 AM
So...this will be our first time at WDW during the holiday season.

Can someone explain how Osborne Lights "works"? Is it something you have to wait in line for? How long does it take to see?

Thanks!

tink'72
08-23-2009, 10:26 AM
We are so exited we will be at the World in 117 days and can't wait to see the Osborne light!

sportsguy2315
08-23-2009, 11:28 AM
So...this will be our first time at WDW during the holiday season.

Can someone explain how Osborne Lights "works"? Is it something you have to wait in line for? How long does it take to see?

Thanks!

The lights are set up in the Streets of America, and it's self guided, basically meaning you can spend as much or as little time as you like. If you're a first timer for the lights, I'd suggest a half hour to an hour to take everything in.

DisneyPrincess21
08-23-2009, 04:00 PM
We are so exited we will be at the World in 117 days and can't wait to see the Osborne light!

Yea!!! :clappy:
102 days for me!! :santa::santa3:

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Any word on what the LAST day will be?

DisneyPrincess21
08-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Any word on what the LAST day will be?

Jan 3rd

Daisy'sMom
08-23-2009, 07:59 PM
I absolutely love this! I get very emotional each and every time I see the lights come on, with the music, the "snow" and the magic. I can not wait. This year we are going alone, last year we were with another couple. When the lights came on, the gentleman looked around, and said "is everyone ready to go?" I was livid!

ransam
08-23-2009, 10:57 PM
if the streets are packed...take your time, it clears out quickly and you can walk down the streets...

DVC2004
08-23-2009, 11:02 PM
It's every night. Last year, they had th lights "dance" to music at times and also sold 3D glasses ($1 each I think) if you wanted to view them in a different way. Don't rush through- take your time and soak it all in.

DisneyPrincess21
08-23-2009, 11:27 PM
I absolutely love this! I get very emotional each and every time I see the lights come on, with the music, the "snow" and the magic. I can not wait. This year we are going alone, last year we were with another couple. When the lights came on, the gentleman looked around, and said "is everyone ready to go?" I was livid!

Well I can understand why you haven't invited him along for this years trip :D

My dad is kinda the same way, he enjoys them and films them, but doesn't stay long enough IMO. I always run ahead of of my parents so I can get there before them and enjoy it longer. This year it is just me and my mom going, so we are planning on sitting and watching for a while. I love going over right before you get under where the angels are and finding somewhere to sit. it is my favorite spot. :cloud9:

jnfr2424
08-24-2009, 08:07 AM

Oh MY!! He would hate traveling with my family, we were there for at least 3 hours!!! We had such a great time looking at the lights, taking photopass pictures, watching the snowfall trying to notice every detail - we have 94 more days to go to soak it all up once again!

Belle_0717
08-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks everyone. We are all excited and we will only be missing the festivities at EPCOT so the family feels like they are getting 1/2 a holiday at least.

Just about 79 days and WDW can't come fast enough!