PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion please...

civilmousefan
08-22-2009, 02:37 PM
I have booked the Fantasmic Dinner package for a future trip. After reading several posts on the Fantasmic show regarding seating and times you need to wait to see the show, I would like to know your opinion on two things.

First, is the Brown Derby worth two TS charges on the DDP? Second , even though it includes reserved seating at Fantasmic, what does this do for me regarding arrival and wait times?

TIA

dancin Disney style
08-22-2009, 04:46 PM
The way things currently are with Fantasmic getting the dinner package is a good idea. Depending on the time of year you will be there and how many showings are on the schedule is what will dictate what the line will be like.

Is the BD worth 2TS credits ??? That is an individual thing. Look at the menus and decide what type of food best suits your family. I hope that you know you can have the dinner package with other places besides the BD.

SBETigg
08-22-2009, 09:25 PM
I love Brown Derby. I would use the 2 ts credits for a meal there. Others would argue it's not the best use of 2 ts credits, and there are better values for the credits-- however, I think it's a very good dining experience, good food and service, and I like using the package for Fantasmic. It's by far the best dining in the Disney Studios park.

civilmousefan
08-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks for your input.

The Fantasmic show is only available for one time during my visit in November. I reserved BD because the two others that do the package were already fully booked. And this was only an hour into my 90 day ADR window!

For this reason, I anticipate a very large attendance at Fantasmic. I started to rethink my plans because of previous discussions on this site. I am concerned that my whole afternoon and evening will be consumed by this.
And for this reason I asked 'is it worth it?'

DreamFinder2
08-23-2009, 11:01 AM
My DW and I have done the FDP every trip over the last few years, and have eaten at BD each time. We love the high-quality food and the casual atmosphere. The service has always been outstanding. We're not dining plan 'people', so can't really comment on the 2TS credit use, but we enjoy the restaurant very much.

As far as the 'consuming your day' question...I worried about this, too. One year we had an ADR at BD for 3:00ish, when the Fanstasmic show didn't start until 7:00ish. We decided just to wait and arrive at DHS around noon, and enjoyed a lazy morning at our resort. We're not huge DHS fans, either, so 1/2 day is enough for us. The time between our meal at BD and when we got to Fantasmic allowed us to visit several attractions, which is usually all we want to see anyway.

Hope something in my post helps!?!?! :confused: