PDA

View Full Version : New to Craigslist. Advice?

Jared
08-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Hope everyone is doing well. I have a question about Craigslist, which I tried using today for the first time.

I am trying to buy a bed for my new place at school this year and spoke with a seller who said he could sell me one Tuesday. I agreed, saying we would speak again then to finalize the purchase.

A few hours later, another seller e-mailed me offering me an identical product for about $50 cheaper, and I could pick it up tomorrow. Is it somehow against Craigslist etiquette to return to the first guy and politely explain I no longer am interested in buying? I figure I'm not doing anything wrong, because I am giving him ample notice, but I wanted to check with veterans of the whole Craigslist thing.

Thanks in advance.

RedSoxFan
08-22-2009, 07:27 AM
Jared: Personally, after you buy the bed from the 2nd person, I would email the 1st person that you found another bed so not to keep him wondering. I've sold stuff on craigslist and always appreciated it when someone had changed their mind.

Good luck on your upcoming school year.

Jared
08-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks, Tracey. I was absolutely planning on e-mail the original seller. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking some unwritten Craigslist rule.

Anyway, time to pack up the car. Off to the frozen tundra of Syracuse to begin my tenure as Daily Orange sports editor. Good luck to your son, as well.

:)

Beach Club Babe
08-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi Jared, I don't know anything about Craig's list, but I'm assuming this is a used bed? If it is then, be very careful about bedbugs. A lot of the problems with bedbugs stem from used furniture. If not, then as Emily Littella would say, "Never mind!" lol