PDA

View Full Version : What's Going on with Peter Pan?

fupresti
08-21-2009, 05:39 PM
I read somewhere online to day it is now listed as being down as a refurbishment. Please tell me its just mechanical and it will be back up soon, if it is down when I go in September I am seriously going to blow a gasket.

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-21-2009, 06:43 PM
I read somewhere online to day it is now listed as being down as a refurbishment. Please tell me its just mechanical and it will be back up soon, if it is down when I go in September I am seriously going to blow a gasket.

ahh! im going in september!!! nooooo!

Strmchsr
08-21-2009, 08:33 PM
There's no official posting in any source of Peter Pan being down for refurb, so I'm pretty certain it's just a temporary thing or what you saw was incorrect.

Marceline
08-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Hmmm, yep, there is no news about this at the official WDW and according to Intercot's refurb and closure page Peter Pan isn't down. http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp

Are you sure it wasn't DLR? PPF was undergoing a major overhaul when we went to CA in May.

:mickey:

fupresti
08-21-2009, 11:28 PM
I found it after being referred to the Rehab and Refurb pages at WDW Info.

Marceline
08-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Ahhh, I see. Temporary bodes well for a quick fix on some mechanical glitch. Fingers crossed. It shouldn't be an extensive overhaul.

:mickey:

disneymom2000
08-22-2009, 09:37 AM
I feel bad for WDW sometimes. They HAVE to refurb these rides every once in a while, but as soon as they take one down to better it, they start getting all the moans and groans from it's "favorite riders". Guys, they could never refurb them and then have to shut down several at once to fix and all they would get from that is more moans and groans. Does someone have a better solution?? I think they have done a wonderful job handling this and I know when I went and Spaceship Earth was down - I was a little bummed but made it up by riding Soarin a couple of more times. It's all in how you perceive your wonderful vacation to the World. Some people will never be able to afford to go. Now that is sad that you can live your whole life and never see even part of this great place.:mickey:

poohbearkris
08-22-2009, 11:13 AM
I really hope it isn't down - it is the first ride my 5 year old want to go on. We leave mid September.

DVC2004
08-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Hopefully they are making a way for the line to move faster- lol! That attraction has the longest wait all the time. And, always out of fast passes!

JPL
08-22-2009, 01:27 PM
and you forgot to mention is only 2 minutes long ;)

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-22-2009, 02:13 PM

ditto. ya what's with that?

Stu29573
08-22-2009, 02:16 PM
This might be a little :offtopic:, but when I rode it it June it seemed to be going a lot faster than I remember it (we actually swung out a little on the turns.) Do they speed it up in heavy crowds or am I just getting old? Regardless, it was pretty cool!

pink
08-22-2009, 03:25 PM
I remember it being faster in March too.

This ride needs a serious overhaul. It is very outdated. :mickey:

Kenny1113
08-22-2009, 05:49 PM

Is it even that long? :mickey:

garthbarth1
08-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I was trying to check on Disneys site, and its basically impossible to find the operational updates. Before the changed the website navigation, it was so easy to find. Now its impossible!! I swear they are hiding it on purpose. I just saw Living with the Land is closed while we are there....i am devestated!

ransam
08-22-2009, 09:22 PM
peter pan is always a must ride for us. it would be disappointing if it was down.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-22-2009, 09:36 PM

Gasket a little on edge here, too! I sure hope it's a very quick tiny little fix. No updating needed here! :peter:

DisneyFanaticDargon
08-23-2009, 02:20 AM

Which is why I can't understand why people are willing to wait over an hour for it, with or without FastPasses. It's slightly unique, yes, but the ride is hardly a technological marvel and honestly the novelty wears off after the first ride. I skip it if I can't get a FastPass for it anymore.

Imagineer1981
08-24-2009, 12:11 PM
I actually love when people complain about rides being down during "value season". Disney tries to do most refurbs during the off season and I think guests need to be prepared to have some closures during a trip during that time

fupresti
08-24-2009, 04:14 PM
I understand the need to refurb, but when three of my favorites are down (TTA, SM, LWTL), excuse me if I am a little concerned.

Some of us enjoy the rides others take for granted.

DigitalDaredevil
08-25-2009, 11:04 PM
I love the ride the way it is. Its a great ride except for the wait times.
Fantasyland seems to have the longest lines. Maybe it is just me. I imagine it is due to the popularity of the characters and the kids love them. Plus everyone can ride them.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-25-2009, 11:11 PM
I love the ride the way it is..

Me, too! I don't care if it's a technological marvel or not. I just love flying over London with Peter and the gang!

5 Mousekteers
08-25-2009, 11:37 PM
We were in MK last Wednesday and it was down. There was no reason given, they were just turning people away. We were back in MK yesterday (Monday 8/24) and Peter Pan was up and "flying", running.... maybe it was just a quick mechanical repair.

grumpyguy
08-26-2009, 08:11 AM
refurbs are a necessary thing,i for one hope they NEVER change a single thing about pp.
it is my all time fav...:thumbsup:

Ian
08-26-2009, 09:53 AM
I wish they'd install DL's version in WDW. DL's is much better.

prttynpnk
08-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Is DL's a dark ride? How is it different? I love PP but could handle a few upgrades if it gave it a new twist....

Ian
08-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah, DL's is a dark ride, it's just ... I dunno ... better!

They have some better effects than WDW's does (like, for example, in the fly-over of London you're surrounded by this star field that's made up of suspended little lights) and I like the ride system better. In DL's, each car moves independent of the other (unlike WDW's Omnimover design) which means the cars can go up and then kind of zoom down a little hill. It adds a nice "flying" feel to the ride.

Overall, I just feel like the attraction is themed a little better and feels more "complete." WDW's was always a little too "don't look behind the black curtain!" feeling for me.

darthmacho
08-26-2009, 10:39 AM
I understand the need to refurb, but when three of my favorites are down (TTA, SM, LWTL), excuse me if I am a little concerned.

Some of us enjoy the rides others take for granted.

I understand and feel your pain. As much as we understand that WDW needs to upkeep their rides, it is always a disappointment when you know one of your favorites is not going to be open on your trip, let alone three.

I haven't been there since 2003, and I've been dying to take my kids, and they will be 9 and 6 for our (hopefully) 2010 trip, so when I heard that all of Fantasyland might be being overhauled, I got a little panicky. Then I thought about all of the other great things there are in WDW, and felt a lot better.

The only thing I can say that might help console you is that judging from your signature, you seem to be going to WDW every year, which mean you will probably go back in 2010, when all of your favorites will hopefully be back up and running. :mickey:

Good luck, and I hope you get your wish to ride Peter Pan in September. If not, there are a lot of other fun things to do, so have a great time! :peter:

RBrooksC
08-26-2009, 11:59 AM
I agree with the poster who talked about value season and closed rides. Disney is going to make sure the routine refurbs are done during the slow times of the year. Major ones will always cover some of the busy times but minor ones will be scheduled when the park attendance is light.

It is regrettable but it is either that or Disney close the parks during the slower season to maintain all the rides and I doubt people would enjoy that.

seminole_kev
05-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Dusting this one off but I can't decide if it is my faulty memory or not, but regarding Peter Pan at WDW - Magic Kingdom:

Did they revise the ride a little bit? I remember the portion where your fly over London being in the dark, but I could have sworn that the Never Neverland part where you fly over the Volcano and native people was lit like day time. We rode it this weekend and that Never Never Land scene was at night, which surprised me. I swear that didn't use to be the case.

That and also the voice overs for certain characters either were louder/more pronounced than in the past, or I just never noticed them before.

Has there been changes, or is my memory getting even more faulty than usual?

DisneyLuver91
05-10-2010, 12:57 PM
They probably did change the time of day. I do remember it being a lighter scene with the Natives. They're probably trying to cover up the age wearing of it. This poor ride needs some TLC from us Intercotees!

LudwigVonDrake
05-10-2010, 01:53 PM
I think they recently did work on the facade :mickey:

Ian
05-10-2010, 01:56 PM
I've been on this ride probably ten times a year for the past ten years, so I feel like I have a pretty good base from which to judge.

That Never Never Land room has been dark for as long as I can remember. I have pics going back as far as 1996 and it's looked basically the same since then, at least.

everyonesmadhere
05-10-2010, 07:02 PM
I actually love when people complain about rides being down during "value season". Disney tries to do most refurbs during the off season and I think guests need to be prepared to have some closures during a trip during that time

But it <stinks> if you go off season and everything closed

LVT
05-10-2010, 07:47 PM
A ride being down is a let down, even if you know they all have to go down at times. I feel fine with the people who vent disappointment. I get that feeling on occasion myself. Better to vent here then pass it on to kids.

Scorpiosammy
05-12-2010, 01:22 AM
We are going in September as well and after reading this I hope that it is open. It has always been our favorite ride in Fantasyland :number1: Pirates are just awesome! :D That, and it truly is a unique ride experience the way you fly over the scenes (London and the volcano are my faves) :)

grumpyguy
05-12-2010, 07:18 AM
pp is my sentimental favorite attraction at wdw.it's the first "ride" we do on each visit.:thumbsup: