PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe

jenperich
08-21-2009, 12:47 PM
I have seen Grand Floridian Cafe mentioned many times as a popular favorite. I realize that the Cafe and Narcoossee's are two different restaurants, however how would you compare the two? My husband and I ate at Narcoossee's and loved the service and the food. We're just looking for a one TS credit place. We also like the fact that we can walk over to Polynesian and watch Wishes. Thanks for the help.

disney1122
08-21-2009, 01:15 PM
We've only been to the GF Cafe for breakfast. It was really good....good service, nice setting. We enjoyed it. It's right off the lobby of the GF and the windows overlook the courtyard. I think its really nice.

SBETigg
08-21-2009, 01:16 PM
It's hard to compare them because they're so different. I love both. GF Cafe is a little more casual, but the decor is a little more garden tea party elegant. The food is not as upscale as at Narcoossee's, perhaps, but still really good. I've always had excellent service, though perhaps not as attentive as at Narcoossee's. I think it's a fantastic choice for 1 TS credit.

TheRustyScupper
08-21-2009, 02:36 PM
1) The Café is very casual.
2) If you want a Narcoossee comparison, try Citricos.

phillydan
08-21-2009, 02:49 PM
I had dinner at the GF Cafe twice last week. As the other posters have said, it is casual elegant. I've never been to the other 2 signature restaurants to compare, but with 3 kids in tow, I didn't think it would be worth chancing it. In my opinion, the GF Cafe gives you the "fancy eating" experience without being too stuffy.

pox24
08-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Both are great, but I think the GFC is one of the best kept secrets at the world for dinner.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Have eaten at both, and much prefer Narcoossee's, where we've eaten several time. We didn't find it stuffy at all.:mickey:

javamama
08-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Dh and I ate there when we were dating years ago, it was great. Nice, quiet, good food but that's our type of resturant a cafe. We've yet to go back, just because we've been trying other places but it's good.

renecat
08-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Ate there for lunch once and it was very good. Going to do breakfast there in two weeks.
Nice place for just 1 T.S. credit. You can also walk to the boat dock by Narcooses and view wishes there they pipe the sound in.:cloud9: