PDA

View Full Version : Planning for DHS

Jezzup
08-21-2009, 09:12 AM
I'll be in DW November 14-21. Need some advice for DHS. Will I need a FP for Toy Story Mania? We want to see the stunt show. Is the Extreme Stunt Show tough to get into? If yes, what advice can you offer? I expect to be at the park when it opens. We will not be there on the extra hours day.

Thanks for the help!

It'sWDW4me
08-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Definitely get a FP for TSMM (plus, if the stand-by time isn't too long, wait in line after getting your FP's and ride twice - yes, it's worth it!)

Don't worry about Lights, Motors... seating is bleacher style. We went a few years ago and got there about 10 minutes before the show started and got fantastic seats. If you haven't already seen it, yes, it's pretty cool.

Also make sure to get FP's for Rock n Roller Coaster & Tower of Terror. :thumbsup:

KAJUNKING
08-21-2009, 11:00 AM
:ditto: stunt show is way cool if youve never seen it before, and as pp said make sure you get fp for tsmm

BMan62
08-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Went to LMA and thought...'They got rid of some of the best parts of the Backlot Tour for this?' Once was more than enough.

TSMM, on the other hand, I would circle through the queue for hours and never get tired of it. Get there early, ride it, then get FP and come back before you leave the park for the day!

sisterdisco
08-21-2009, 09:30 PM
There are only 4 rides at DHS that have FP. SO if you want to ride TSM, get there early and get a fast pass. From what I understand, it breaksdown frequently and so then it becomes aneven longer line to ride in.

disneycutie165
08-21-2009, 09:35 PM
When we last went in August 2008 I don't think even a FP could get you in quicker. The wait for TSM was 2 hours & 10 minutes! Of course that was maybe a few months after it opened (Opened may, june or july i think?). Maybe it has calmed down. If the wait isn't that crazy, then maybe TRY a FP.

disneymom2000
08-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Early is the word. I have been twice since it opened and haven't been able to get a fast pass or get in. I go in the sloowww times and the line was unbelievable both times. I will be going again in February so I will attempt it once more. Where are those dream teams with those amazing fast passes when you need them?:blush:

5togetherWDW
08-22-2009, 03:15 PM
The lines for Lights Motors Action aren't as bad as they were when it was new, but Toy Story Midway Mania still is packing them in. This summer, we never saw the line go below a one houe wait for Midway Mania - close to two hours was the norm. We were there with peak crowds, so you may have better luck -- but I would plan to grab fastpasses early in the day.

Arriving 20 minutes before showtime seemed ok for LightsMotorsAction, this summer - but I would recommend grabbing a snack and going over a little earlier. Food is allowed in the stands, and it is fun to watch the crowds fill in.

GoofyFan13
08-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Definetly get a fastpass for Toy Story Mania!!! Both waits are long, but for that ride, the wait is almost as much fun!