PDA

View Full Version : Boma

jenperich
08-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Hello all,

Looking to make an ADR at Boma. However, DH doesn't like curry. Can anyone give me some insight as to what kinds of spices they use there? Most specifically, if there's a large amount of curry in anything? Thank you for your help.

ElenitaB
08-21-2009, 01:09 AM
To be honest, several dishes at Boma do have curry, however, not all do. Several recipes from that restaurant are posted here on InfoCentral, so you can get a better idea of the spices and ingredients used. You'll see a lot of cinnamon, ginger, coconut milk, coriander, cumin, etc.

One of the chefs behind the food "pods" would be glad to answer your DH's questions and help him avoid anything with curry.

SBETigg
08-21-2009, 09:38 AM
The predominant spice at Boma is probably cardamom or maybe the coriander/cumin combination. It's not overwhelming in anything, but the taste is there in a lot (not nearly all) of the dishes and they are ingredients in a lot of curries. It might be that Boma isn't his kind of place.

But there are so many different kinds of curry using different kinds of spice that it's really hard to narrow down to just "I don't like curry." There might be a curry he likes out there. Or there might be a predominant spice in most curries (like cardamom or ginger) that is really the thing turning him off, which would make it a lot easier in knowing what to avoid. If you still want to go to Boma (which would be a shame to miss, I love it), you can assure him that there are lots of foods he might love if he's willing to try or there's a separate table of more standard foods (mac n cheese, chicken tenders) if he has little success in finding things to like. He might actually enjoy a lot of the foods (not all curries, but lots of unusual spice combos).

I think to really enjoy Boma, you need to be willing to try new things. But if you're not, and you're going for someone who is, I think you can find plenty to fill up on.

fanofdisney
08-21-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't like curry either and loved eating at Boma:tasty: I hope that helps.