PDA

View Full Version : favorite que

ransam
08-21-2009, 12:22 AM
forgive me if this has been discussed.

i was listening to a disney ipod and they were talking about their favorite ques...great topic.

one of the things about disney is how they are able to always be in show mode. I love it. even while waiting in lines there are things to see and do.
so what are your favorite ques?
i would say my favorite is toy story. seeing all the games i use to play as a child brought back all these memories.
i also really loved the que at muppet show.

what are some of your favorite ques.

wdwfansince75
08-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Totally agree with TSMM and Muppets....Also enjoy queue for EE.....and ToT, once you get indoors.....Test Track is too noisy......And for some reason, I still love the anticipation of yet another ride while in the queue for Space Mountain...but only in the Fast Pass line!

I have noticed on the last few trips that the once clean queues now seem to be very littered, especially late in the day. Worst are Space Mtn and Soaring, but have seen trash discarded in all queues. I may be noticing more of the clutter as I slowly morph into my dad, but the littering does seem to be increasing, and there seems to be little CM effort to keep the place clean.

Goofeygal
08-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Mine is R@R Coaster. I love watching the bit with Aerosmith.

laprana
08-21-2009, 09:54 AM
My favorite is definitely EE. It's one ride that I don't mind waiting in the queue for because it's so detailed and there's so much neat stuff to see! The themeing is so intricate and it really builds up the story behind the ride. Love it! TOT is a close second, also because it really builds up the story. :mickey:

like2workout
08-21-2009, 10:00 AM
my favorite is splash mountain. there's a lot to look at here. and i'm not saying i like waiting in long lines, but it is nice to sometimes walk somewhat slower through them and notice all of the things we sometime miss when we rush past them.

It'sWDW4me
08-21-2009, 10:04 AM
I love the ToT queue but nearly all of them are fantastic.
Last year I really irritated my DS by taking my time through the queues.

DS "Come on, the line's moving"
me "Let them go ahead of us - I'm reading this."
DS <sigh>.

:D

brownie
08-21-2009, 10:09 AM
My favorite is Pirates of the Caribbean, although I have not experience Expedition Everest yet.

KAJUNKING
08-21-2009, 10:33 AM
My favorite is Pirates of the Caribbean, although I have not experience Expedition Everest yet.

i just read something interesting about the queue in pirates, as part of marc Davis' leaving a mark on this attraction, he was a big fan of chess, so it was his idea to have the pirates playing in the queue and they went back and studied champion chess matches till they found one that no one could win and set the board in the queue to replicate that game so the pirates in the queue sit at an impasse for eternity, i thought it was really cool :mickey:

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-21-2009, 10:43 AM
My favorite is definitely EE. It's one ride that I don't mind waiting in the queue for because it's so detailed and there's so much neat stuff to see! The themeing is so intricate and it really builds up the story behind the ride. Love it! TOT is a close second, also because it really builds up the story. :mickey:

Na but i xxx EE all the belles that ppl jingle...im such a bore!

azcavalier
08-21-2009, 10:48 AM
I know that this is directed more for DisneyWorld, but my favorite queue is the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland. It's really, really cool, and slightly interactive!

At WDW, it's probably Pirates of the Carribbean. I love the dark, cool, dungeony feel of the place.

barbiegirl314
08-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Mine would have to be POTC.

VWL Mom
08-21-2009, 01:32 PM
i just read something interesting about the queue in pirates, as part of marc Davis' leaving a mark on this attraction, he was a big fan of chess, so it was his idea to have the pirates playing in the queue and they went back and studied champion chess matches till they found one that no one could win and set the board in the queue to replicate that game so the pirates in the queue sit at an impasse for eternity, i thought it was really cool :mickey:

That is interesting, will have to point that out to DH in November.

jnfr2424
08-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Here's another vote for ToT! and TSM has a great queue! I love looking at all the childhood games, and looking at the view masters!

Marceline
08-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Good question. My favorites are Splash, particularly the part that turns into a cave. EE was fun, lots to look at. But the best is ToT, it's so involving that it's more than just a line, it's a great part of the ride.

:thumbsup::mickey:

KAJUNKING
08-21-2009, 05:20 PM
That is interesting, will have to point that out to DH in November.

I thought it was very cool

zebradome17
08-21-2009, 05:45 PM
I like a lot of them. I like TSMM and ToT especially but i can never get enough of those doors with the beads on in RnR and now that other people have mentioned it I really like the atmosphere of the splash queue.

darthmacho
08-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Thank goodness for entertaining queues to take the sting away from long lines. There are a lot of good ones, but Kali River Rapids comes to mind because I spent more time there and was more entertained by the queue than the ride itself- lol. I can't wait to see the queue for Everest,

azcavalier
08-22-2009, 07:51 AM
You know, in thinking about it, I have never even experienced some of these queues, like Expedition Everest, because I've never waited in them. We're always at WDW during the slow seasons, and we've *always* used Fast Passes.

olla86
08-22-2009, 10:03 AM
I like ТоТ most of all!:number1::thumbsup:

98'cpTyphoonGuard
08-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Definitely love EE. There are so many things to look at, the wait just flies right by.

MarknTara
08-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Hmmm...I'm a big fan of EE and POTC. I also really like the que for the Great Movie Ride (is that the real name?) in DHS. :pirate:

poohbearkris
08-23-2009, 12:56 PM
I really like POTC and the Great Movie Ride.

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-23-2009, 03:04 PM
I know that this is directed more for DisneyWorld, but my favorite queue is the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland. It's really, really cool, and slightly interactive!

At WDW, it's probably Pirates of the Carribbean. I love the dark, cool, dungeony feel of the place.

i love that ride we need that, mr toad, and pinnocchio in wdw!!!

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Definitely love EE. There are so many things to look at, the wait just flies right by.

i do like all the "facts"

dumbodoughboy
08-23-2009, 04:20 PM
EE is the best que, although I'm never in line long enough to fully enjoy the sights!:mickey:

MarknTara
08-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Oooh! I forgot RnRc! I love listening to Aerosmith while we're in line! :rocker:

coneygoil
08-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Splash Mountain has always been my favorite ever since it opened. I loved looking at the cute acorn houses and hearing the sound clips. The cave part is always the best. As soon as you walk in you feel the freezing cold a/c then all the fun Brier Rabbit stuff in there.

ToT is always fun too, especially if a CM plays the creepy part and interacts with people.

TikiLounger
08-24-2009, 09:56 AM
My favorites are...Pirates of the Caribbean, Tower of Terror, and Expedition Everest. I can stand in line for one of these rides for a very long time and be completely content. True confession time...my dream job is to be one of the people who get to travel around and find interesting kitsch to "decorate" the queue areas. It would combine my love of Disney with my love of yard and estate sale hopping, antique and curiosity shop visiting, and travel. Fun!

lightyearfan
08-24-2009, 11:11 AM
ah nice question, i'l give my choices by each park:

1. MK - pirates (makes you feel like your in dungens)

2. DHS - toy story (perfectly done)

3. Epcot - test track (im in the car business, so this que makes me the behind the scenes of the car industry)

4. AK - tough to be a bug (walking threw the path, the funny posters and nice waiting area)

Victor

Imagineer1981
08-24-2009, 01:00 PM
ok, here's mine!

1) Star Tours - feels like you are in the movie

2) EE - awesome but if one more kid rings a bell I will lose it!

3) Pirates, can you really beat Pirates?

4) HM

bruin1344
08-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Expedition Everest

TikiLounger
08-24-2009, 05:36 PM
2) EE - awesome but if one more kid rings a bell I will lose it!

LOL! The one time my usually tolerant and calm husband was very close to losing it was in the queue line on EE. It was in July...ultra hot...we were stuck in the area with the bells because the ride had broken down...and...the person behind us put his son on his shoulders and encouraged him to ring every, single bell. Oh.My.Lanta! I thought my husband was going to flip out on the guy. He didn't, though. Thank goodness...

AllDisney
08-24-2009, 07:03 PM
I did not know about the chess game at Pirates. I will blow their minds when we go in December:secret:

I really love Indiana Jones in Disneyland too:thumbsup:

At WDW I really love Pirates of the Caribbean & ToT:number1:

AdventurerKim
08-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Pirates, Great Movie RIde, Toy Story Mania, and Muppet Vision 3D are my favs. I miss the crawler at Muppet Vision with all the funny sayings and jokes.

mouseneer
08-25-2009, 02:26 AM
Star Tours.....HM......Soarin'.