PDA

View Full Version : Need some Dining help please!!

jenperich
08-20-2009, 10:19 PM
My husband and I are going to The World this October for our first anniversary. We have the Dining Plan and we were going to use a meal on Kona Cafe, however I've decided I don't really want to "waste" a meal on breakfast. So, I need help coming up with an idea of where to eat the first night we get there. It must be at a resort or DTD. We're already going to: Cali. Grill, Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, Tutto Italia, and Whispering Canyon. So, we only have one dining credit left. Thanks for your help!

Kairi_7378
08-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Have you considered a dinner at Kona Cafe rather than breakfast? Other good 1-TS restaurants include Grand Floridian Cafe or Boma (AKL).

DisneyPrincess21
08-20-2009, 11:22 PM
My husband and I are going to The World this October for our first anniversary. We have the Dining Plan and we were going to use a meal on Kona Cafe, however I've decided I don't really want to "waste" a meal on breakfast. So, I need help coming up with an idea of where to eat the first night we get there. It must be at a resort or DTD. We're already going to: Cali. Grill, Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, Tutto Italia, and Whispering Canyon. So, we only have one dining credit left. Thanks for your help!

May i suggest ohana. It's only one ts for the diner and it is served family style all you can eat. Plus you can see mk from certain tables in the restaurant or you can go out to polly beach after diner and watch "wishes" and the electrical water parade. They pipe the music for both shows on the beach.:cloud9:

jenperich
08-20-2009, 11:43 PM
I looked into Ohana and it's not available the night we want to go. But, it looks so fun!! Maybe I should just be checking earlier in the night and then we can hang out at DTD after Wishes. We'll see what happens. Thanks! Keep the ideas coming. We're also checking out Boma. :-)

DisneyPrincess21
08-21-2009, 12:25 AM
I looked into Ohana and it's not available the night we want to go. But, it looks so fun!! Maybe I should just be checking earlier in the night and then we can hang out at DTD after Wishes. We'll see what happens. Thanks! Keep the ideas coming. We're also checking out Boma. :-)

Keep trying for ohana, someone almost always cancels. I kept trying and trying last year and was able to get 2 different adr's for different nights. And it was close to my trip when they opened up, so dont give up!:thumbsup:

ransam
08-21-2009, 12:30 AM
o'hana.

kwhitt3202
08-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Are you staying at the Poly? We have always loved Kona, Ohannahs is good to, there is Sanaa at the A.K.L that just opened this year, there is the Wave in the Contemporary, and the Grand floridian Cafe.

rainydaygirl
08-21-2009, 04:38 PM
:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:Happy Anniversary! A great DTD choice is Raglan Road. Great food... menu can be found at this site. The Bread & Butter Pudding is to die for... the chef actually emailed me a scaled down version I could make at home. Also great service... Irish pub. In fact, we arrive 9/14 and will have our first meal at RR. Have fun.

sisterdisco
08-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Kona Cafe for dinner. It is awesome!

jenperich
08-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Well the problem is, we're going to Kona Cafe the next morning for breakfast, so dinner the night before probably is not going to work. I think we're either going to keep trying for Ohana or Grand Floridian Cafe. Thanks everyone!

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-24-2009, 01:44 AM
OHANA'S!!!! DEFINITLY! It's a must do for us every trip and we do both the breakfast and dinner.

I would also suggest Boma's or Sanaa's - I've never ate at Sanaa''s yet but, I plan on it in October.