PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway - Season 6

Melanie
08-20-2009, 05:45 PM
FINALLY the much delayed season 6 debuts tonight on Lifetime. I've got my DVR all set (yay - I can say that now!). Should be interesting on a new network and in a new town.

prprincess
08-21-2009, 09:35 AM
What did you all think? I was just so happy for it to be back--I was literally beaming. I hadn't realized how much I missed it.

Initial thoughts--I knew Ari was going to be the first to go, Logan should be a model himself, I love Louise's personal style, Ra'mon's dress was my favorite, and Lindsay Lohan really didn't add (say) much to the judging.

TheDuckRocks
08-21-2009, 10:02 AM
How fun was that! I was so happy that they were given the opportunity to do something nice/pretty tonight instead of using garbage or some other strange thing. And still they had to have one person who made a garment that looked like an oven glove.:noway: I did feel sorry for the guy who went by the measurements they had given him, but on the other hand could he not have found enough material to make a bikini to wear under that thing?:stop::jaw:

Chrisx2
08-21-2009, 05:56 PM
I was glad Mitchell didn't go home. An inch off, maybe...but 5 inches! Apparently, on the model show afterwards, that model was fired. I don't know how much longer he will last but I hated for him to go because of that.

Looks to be an interesting group. The one guy with the odd hair made me laugh. "There aren't words to describe my look...the vocabulary hasn't been created yet". :ack:

PirateLover
08-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Haven't had a chance to watch Models of the Runway yet but I watched both P.R. Allstars and the premiere... I thought that Korto got robbed on All Stars. But, to me, Project Runway despite being on a different channel and in a different city feels pretty much the same! I didn't like Lindsay as a guest judge... I don't get the reason for it, maybe if she were to wear the winning dress, but she was there for no reason apparently. I don't have a favorite yet.

PirateLover
09-21-2009, 06:08 PM
We used to have a hoppin' Project Runway thread, but I think some of those members are no longer regulars :(
Anyone still here that watches?
The whole thing with Johnny was crazy- I can't ever remember Tim being so short with someone who got eliminated. Johnny really offended him by making up that story about the iron. I really hope Nicholas goes next. I don't have a favorite yet.

NotaGeek
09-21-2009, 11:52 PM
I am liking the show -- however, it does seem weird to me that there are still quite a few that get hardly any air time -- maybe they are boring or not being dramatic enough? Weird.

I was glad Johnny got Auf'd -- and i loved that Tim was so mad that he lied! I love Tim Gunn!

prprincess
09-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Anyone still here that watches? I'm here and still watching! I was a little bored at last week's show, but this past week's was much more interesting with Johnny lying and the newspaper as fabric. Overall, I was quite impressed with the creations. So far, my favorites are Louise, Ra'Mon, and Carol Hannah. Not crazy about this woman who fills in for Nina, though. Her comments rub me the wrong way.

TheDuckRocks
09-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Not crazy about this woman who fills in for Nina, though. Her comments rub me the wrong way.

Being the reality show junkie that I am, I saw her on "Running In Heels" and at that time she (Zoe ??? maybe) it seemed that she was very far down the chain of command at MarieClare. It was a surprise to me when she replaced Nina as I thought Project Runway would have picked someone with a lot more fashion experience behind them.:confused:

prprincess
09-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Zoe ??? maybe Yes, that's her name. She'd said something about how thankfully, one of the models wasn't a designer and then something about NYC being full of cockroaches. Totally unnecessary. Don't mean to sound oversensitive, but alot of her little snide comments have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

thrillme
09-22-2009, 07:21 PM
I just think it's amazing that anyone can sit down and sew up an outfit from scratch in a couple of days that would take me 3 months to complete.

ChipnDaleGal
09-30-2009, 05:58 AM
I think the show transitioned to Lifetime just fine. I still enjoy it very much. I love Tim Gunn. I think there re several good designers this season, but I have to admit that my favorite to look at is Logan. I really enjoy the Model show that comes on after each episode. It is fun to see things from the model's perspective.

Melanie
09-30-2009, 07:21 AM
I think the show transitioned to Lifetime just fine. I still enjoy it very much. I love Tim Gunn. I think there re several good designers this season, but I have to admit that my favorite to look at is Logan. I really enjoy the Model show that comes on after each episode. It is fun to see things from the model's perspective.

I agree, the transition has been seamless. Still a great show, although I'm ready for Michael and Nina to be back this week. I've really missed them!

I didn't start watching the models show. Can't....watch....anymore....tv!!!!

Seasonscraps
10-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Except for Michael Kors & Nina Garcia missing so many episodes, it feels exactly the same as the Bravo show.

Does any one else think this season is sort of lack luster? There's no real stand out. Most of the designers left design/create nice garments but overall I am feeling eh about the season.

prprincess
10-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Does any one else think this season is sort of lack luster? There's no real stand out. Most of the designers left design/create nice garments but overall I am feeling eh about the season.I agree. For me, it's a combination. I don't like Lifetime at all, so right off the bat, I wasn't happy. For most it's been a seamless transition, but for me--I just can't shake that it's on the channel that airs all of the hokey, dramatic movies. ;)

Then, Nina and Michael missed several episodes, and then all of my favorite designers (and I can't even say that I liked them because of their designs, I mostly liked their personalities), except for Chris are gone. And I hate to sound shallow, but what's been up with Heidi's hair and outfits this season? She always looked flawless, but this time around, I don't know.

I hope it gets better!

TheDuckRocks
10-13-2009, 11:17 AM
To me what is lacking is personalities. They have given us no one to hate or love or laugh with or to admire their background. None of them look over the top different or have very strange haircuts or dress like a bag lady or something out of a horror movie. Some of them do lovely work but for creative people they have got to be the plainest, nicest, most boring blah group on any reality show I've ever seen. Boring.

Seasonscraps
10-13-2009, 02:06 PM
To me what is lacking is personalities. They have given us no one to hate or love or laugh with or to admire their background. None of them look over the top different or have very strange haircuts or dress like a bag lady or something out of a horror movie. Some of them do lovely work but for creative people they have got to be the plainest, nicest, most boring blah group on any reality show I've ever seen. Boring.

That's for sure! Considering his aesthetic, I thought Nicholas would be more interesting but nope. :(

PirateLover
10-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Nani- John was watching with me last week and when Heidi came out he said, "That's Heidi Klum? Wow, she's getting old!"
I shushed him but he was right... something is just off.

I LIKE this season but I don't LOVE it. I was totally missing Michael Kors and his snarky comments and his overly orange face.;) He totally makes the runway portion of the show.
I don't really have a favorite... I wanted to see more from Louise... We shall see.

TheDuckRocks
10-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Was Heidi pregnant during the filming of this season? If so that could very well be why she doesn't look so wonderful. When I carried my 3 I was always a horrible shade of green and the shape of my face changed, not to even touch on the subject of hurling for 9 months non-stop.

prprincess
10-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Was Heidi pregnant during the filming of this season? If so that could very well be why she doesn't look so wonderful. When I carried my 3 I was always a horrible shade of green and the shape of my face changed, not to even touch on the subject of hurling for 9 months non-stop.
I thought about that because I too was sick for most of my pregnancy. So that might account for why her hair looks off. But the outfits have been weird too. What was with the chain link t-shirt two weeks ago?

Seasonscraps
10-14-2009, 12:57 PM
She was definitely pregnant while filming the show - she mentioned it on the first episode. She just had a baby girl on (I believe) Monday.

Melanie
10-14-2009, 01:30 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought this was the season of PR that's been in the bag forever waiting for the squabble to be resolved between Bravo and Lifetime. I think it's been way over 9 months ago when this was filmed.

ETA: I just found where filming had already wrapped on season 6 at this time last year.

Greenlawler
10-14-2009, 05:25 PM
I love the show as well, even though I don't admit it in public :blush: My DW and I watch this together and enjoy talking about it. It is one of only about three shows we watch.

My favorite Epperson was booted last week. To me he was the most interesting guy on the show. This year I agree there are not many likable contestants. I simply dislike many of them especially Nicholas (haughty attitude), Qristyl (whom I was glad to see go), Shirin (a whiner), and Irena (arrogent). I realize the editing of the show highlights peoples flaws but I just find myself disliking the majority of them unlike years past. Ra'Mon was interesting and I wished he would have stuck around. I really have no favorite this year as of now, maybe Carol Hannah or Christopher. This years shows seems like a who can annoy me the least contest. As much as I hate to say it I think Irena will win.

I am completly stunned as to how some of the earlier eliminations like Mitchell, and Malvin even got on the show.

Seasonscraps
10-16-2009, 10:15 AM
I cannot believe Christopher is still there after that mess last night. Not that Shirin's design was much better but at least it was made better.

Greenlawler
10-17-2009, 02:05 AM
I cannot believe Christopher is still there after that mess last night. Not that Shirin's design was much better but at least it was made better.

Agreed plus the fact that he has lived in the bottom three for the last three weeks. I really think, and know that they do try to keep the more popular people around. I think they know people like Christopher.

On a side note I found myself liking Nicholas a little better this week. They sure have found a villain in Irena, I suspect they will focus on her to spice things up. Carol Hannah is my new favorite, she is not mediocre.

Melanie
10-23-2009, 09:18 PM
I've found that this season is really shaping up to be a snooze-fest for me. I hope it's a final 3 (as opposed to 4), because I'm not sure 4 of them even deserve to show at Bryant Park.

It should be a all girl top 3, with Irina (too bad she's such a witch), Carol Hannah and I guess Althea or MAYBE Gordana?

Chrisx2
10-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Nicholas was not my favorite but HOW is Christopher still in this? Ugh.

PirateLover
10-24-2009, 09:00 PM
I was surprised that Chris survived the chopping block yet again. I still don't have a favorite.

TheDuckRocks
10-25-2009, 04:36 PM
I was surprised that Chris survived the chopping block yet again. I still don't have a favorite.

Niether do I. It's sad but for me the final 3 would be Carol Hannah, Irena and Althea and I'm putting them in that catagory because I find them "all right". That's depressing that for not one contestant do I use the words amazing or wonderful or gosh, I'd love to wear that. Sad.:(

Seasonscraps
10-25-2009, 04:49 PM
It seemed the only reason Christopher squeaked by was because Nikolas was soooooooooooo off with his outfit that had absolutely nothing to do with Greece. Christopher's outfit was just a mess. I think both of them should have been eliminated.

I think it's going to be Atlhea, Irina and Carol Hannah in the finals also. I think all three are strong - they are just not WOW like some of the designers in the past seasons.

NotaGeek
10-27-2009, 01:29 AM
WOW! I don't have a favorite, but I think that Nicholas really did a bad job of portraying Greece ... pants? Maybe Capri Pants, but FULL LENGTH PANTS -- Greece is HOT!? Weird.

prprincess
10-27-2009, 11:06 AM
WOW! I don't have a favorite, but I think that Nicholas really did a bad job of portraying Greece ... pants? Maybe Capri Pants, but FULL LENGTH PANTS -- Greece is HOT!? Weird.Well I was LOL at his comment--he said something like, my outfit may not look like Greece, but I'm sure someone could wear it in Greece. Oh boy!!

I guess if I had to choose a favorite, it's Carol Hannah. Irina's designs are good, but she's just so mean.

Greenlawler
10-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Here is my problem Christopher has been in the bottom three, three or four weeks in a row. Nicholas had been in the bottom three twice all season. Sometimes they consider that sometimes they don't. In my opinion they keep people they want, even when they know they should not..i.e. Remi two seasons ago, and Christopher now.

PirateLover
10-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Finally we got a little bit of drama. I thought it was funny that Althea was complaining about Logan stealing her look TO Irena, only to be accused of the same thing on the runway by Irena. Looks like another lackluster final challenge before the finale, and I've already seen the looks from the finale which did not blow me away, so I think I'm ready to officially tag this as a disappointing season. Oh well.

Greenlawler
11-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Althea, Carole Hannah, and Irena, well for once they got it right even though it is the most blah group yet.

Seasonscraps
11-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Looking at the whole season, I agree with the choices but it seemed like this competition wasn't even necessary. The judges made up their minds already otherwise Jordana would not have been cut. Her garment was made much better and it met the challenge perfectly. Oh wait, they didn't like the zipper. :rolleyes: You're out.

Greenlawler
11-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Looking at the whole season, I agree with the choices but it seemed like this competition wasn't even necessary. The judges made up their minds already otherwise Jordana would not have been cut. Her garment was made much better and it met the challenge perfectly. Oh wait, they didn't like the zipper. :rolleyes: You're out.

Agreed, Althea should have been packing if it was truly based on that one challenge. Heidi said as much. Why even bother with the challenge? They did this same thing to I think Chris a couple or three seasons ago and forced him into a tiebreaker mode with Remi although they clearly liked his outfit more than Remi's in the last challenge.

PirateLover
11-21-2009, 07:44 PM
I really wanted Carol Hannah to win. On a personal level, she was the one contestant who always seemed likeable. On a designer level, I thought she had the best pieces, even if her collection wasn't as "cohesive." I "get" that in fashion there are many pieces shown on runways that would never be worn. Still, I thought Irina's was a joke. I did not see the "Coney Island" inspiration at all, and those hats were ridiculous. A lackluster end to a lackluster season. So disappointing.

TheDuckRocks
11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
A lackluster end to a lackluster season. So disappointing.

Very well said, Marianne.:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
11-23-2009, 08:49 AM
I had hoped that Carol Hannah would be the winner. It was hard to watch her be so sick at the end when she needed all her senses about her. I disliked Irina from the beginning, but I can understand why the judges chose her. Hers was the only show that looked like a collection. I think Carol Hannah's clothes were much more beautiful, but it didn't seem like she got the fact that it all needed to look cohesive. Maybe that was due to her feeling so bad. The best part of the finale for me was seeing cutie patootie Logan again. There was a whole segment in the final model show about how all the models and most of the designers, both male and female, all were crushing on him. :thumbsup:

prprincess
11-23-2009, 01:09 PM
A lackluster end to a lackluster season.
Another person who agrees. I watched 1/2 of the next to the last show, and then watched 1/2of the season finale. I sat there and said to myself both times, I really don't care about this, and just shut it off. Very sad. It used to be my favorite show.:(

Greenlawler
11-24-2009, 12:59 AM
Well at least we can look forward to a new season soon, appears they start season 7 in January.

Am I the only one who thought Irina's jockey hats looked ridiculous?