PDA

View Full Version : Yak & Yeti or Tusker House??

satchel01
08-20-2009, 03:42 PM
I want to eat at AK on the night they have EMH during our trip, and am torn between Y&Y and Tusker House. I've never been to either of them. The menu for Tusker House's buffet sounds good, but so does the menu at Y&Y.
Which one has a more interesting decor inside? Does one have way better food quality than the other? (we like the typeof foods served at both, so that's not an issue). Is one known for better service than the other?

pandkx3
08-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Well, I've never eaten at Tusker house. I have eaten at Yak and Yeti. It was great. I think it's now a "must do" for us. My boys are pretty picky, but there was something for everyone. I got the salmon which was really good and the guys got the ribs which they loved. The portions are HUGE, so go hungry. The decor is very unique...makes you feel that you're in Asia and not WDW! :thumbsup:

disney1122
08-20-2009, 03:57 PM
I've heard Tusker House is good...reservations suggested for this one. I believe Yak & Yeti is a quick service....order from the counter...serves asian food. Tusker House is a sit-down place....I would go with Tusker House.

DisneyHoneymooners
08-20-2009, 04:48 PM
The Yak & Yeti is far more interesting in terms of decor. I've heard that if you get an early enough reservation you can request to sit upstairs and watch as the Jammin Jungle Parade goes by. It is a table service restaurant-good food great environment. The Tusker House serves a wider variety of food beacause it is a buffet-but it is also very good as well. The service was great at Yak & Yeti as well as Tusker House. i think the overall dining experience is better at Yak & Yeti

danwhitt78
08-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Tusker House by far !!! You get to do a character dining and the food is great. It is a buffet, the breakfast is awesome !!!

sassy2000
08-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Tusker House by far !!! You get to do a character dining and the food is great. It is a buffet, the breakfast is awesome !!!

Tusker House only has characters at breakfast. But, I agree that Tusker House is the better choice. We loved the food there. We did not have a good experience with Yak & Yeti. The decor is nice and the serving sizes are plenty but my food was very bland.

MinnieMommie
08-20-2009, 06:27 PM
They are both different experiences so I guess it's a mater of taste. If buffet or menu ordering makes a difference then decide by that. The decor is definitely more interesting at Yak and Yeti. Service is good a both but extent of service differs between a sit down and buffet venue. Tough choice. There are real differences between the 2 so whatever you decide you can't go wrong. :mickey:

prttynpnk
08-21-2009, 09:26 AM
I haven't eaten at Tusker house, but our last trip we eagerly ate at Y&Y and were a bit disapointed. The decor was great- very fun, but the food was standard and a little flavorless. I hope I don't offend too many people, but it might as well have been mall foodcourt takeout in our opinion. We were expecting a new must do restaurant and instead, we will be back at Flame tree and savign the TS credit for another time. :(

MNNHFLTX
08-24-2009, 11:58 AM
I haven't eaten at Tusker house, but our last trip we eagerly ate at Y&Y and were a bit disapointed. The decor was great- very fun, but the food was standard and a little flavorless. I have to say that I agree with this. The decor is better at Yak and Yeti, but the food is better at Tusker House, IMO.

Pirate Granny
08-24-2009, 08:18 PM
We've eaten at both and it depends on what you like...the decor is much better at Y&Y, our service wasn't the greatest at either place. We did select Tuskar House for lunch the last time,(between 1 and 1:30) as you got a ticket to by-pass the line to the Nemo show at 3:30.. and go in a separate entrance (sort of like the Fantasmic used to be--seats were reserved in one area for these tickets)...that in itself was worth the TS to us. but it is lunch and not dinner.
:pirate:

SurferStitch
08-25-2009, 09:01 AM
We've only done Tusker House for breakfast because we do like breakfast buffets. We don't care as much for dinner buffets.

We've eaten at Y&Y several times, and loved it every time. The food is very good. We've always found it flavorful and different, not bland or boring at all. It was the first place I had ever seen, or tried wok fried green beans with a sweet Thai chili sauce - pure heaven! The crispy Mahi Mahi is wonderful, as is the crispy honey chicken. Service and decor are excellent.

I would definitely go with Y&Y. You won't be disappointed. We plan to do lunch there in December.