PDA

View Full Version : Ticket media question

Neo Fender
08-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Doing a split stay (3 nights offsite, followed by 3 nights onsite). We plan on buying passes for all six nights. Once we check in onsite, can we exchange the unused portion of our passes for passes to be linked to our room charges?

disneymom15
08-20-2009, 04:13 PM
I don't think you can do that. I'm sure someone who knows for sure will chime in.

DreamFinder2
08-20-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm sure someone else can answer you for sure...but, the last time we visited we had purchased our passes from a non-Disney company before we arrived at WDW. When we arrived, we asked the front desk if we could associate our passes w/ our room key. The CM checked the back of our passes, read something, and said "yep...we can do that!"

So...it might depend how/where your passes are purchased.

Neo Fender
08-20-2009, 07:16 PM
We plan on purchasing tickets at WDW. It's just that we won't be staying on property until after day 3.

I'm sure someone else can answer you for sure...but, the last time we visited we had purchased our passes from a non-Disney company before we arrived at WDW. When we arrived, we asked the front desk if we could associate our passes w/ our room key. The CM checked the back of our passes, read something, and said "yep...we can do that!"

So...it might depend how/where your passes are purchased.

CleveRocks
08-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Doing a split stay (3 nights offsite, followed by 3 nights onsite). We plan on buying passes for all six nights. Once we check in onsite, can we exchange the unused portion of our passes for passes to be linked to our room charges?

You are buying your tickets separately, not as part of your Disney resort reservation. You will be using those same tickets during your entire stay, both before and during your on-site Disney resort stay.

Have I got it so far???

OK.

Yes, you can have those partially-used tickets transfered onto your Key To The World card. The KTTW card acts at very least as your room key. You can add your previously-purchased tickets to it, too.

But just to help you with Disney-speak, there's no such thing as tickets being linked to a room charge. Tickets and room charge can both be coded onto your KTTW card, but the tickets and the room charge remain unrelated entities even if they are both coded onto that card.

To set up a room charge, you'll need to present one of the following at the front desk: credit card; VISA/MC-branded debit card; cash; travelers checks; Disney Dollars; or Disney gift cards.

CleveRocks
08-20-2009, 08:10 PM

So...it might depend how/where your passes are purchased.Disney can add any legitimate Disney ticket entitlements onto your resort Key To The World card. It doesn't matter how or where they were purchased ... if the tickets are real and are legitimately yours and no Disney rules were broken (i.e., these aren't someone else's tickets), they can be coded onto your KTTW.

The only exception to the above is Annual Passes and stuff like that ... that stuff can't be coded onto your KTTW card.