PDA

View Full Version : About Stitch's Great Escape

Ms. Mode
08-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Ok, we went on this once and it did NOTHING.

They strapped us into a big seat like it was going to take off and all it did was blow "stink" on us.

Is there something we were missing on this ride? Should we do it again, give it another try?
:confused:

Figment!
08-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Stitch's Great Escape is a sensory show attraction, not a ride attraction.

I assume you encountered other sensory experiences during the show and saw Stitch in the center of the room.

azcavalier
08-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Nope, you didn't miss a thing. The shoulder harnesses seem like overkill, don't they? I think it's to keep people from freaking out and running around when Stitch burps on you, or you get squirted by his "spit".

disneymom15
08-20-2009, 01:47 PM
We did it once. Won't be doing it again. I thought it was a waste of time.

Woozle
08-20-2009, 01:57 PM
We also did this once and didn't even try to do it again when we were there in June. It seemed to us to be such a waste of time. It also didn't help that my DD (2) was too short to ride.

sorcerer fan
08-20-2009, 02:01 PM
bring back ALIEN ENCOUNTER. at least it was a little scary. stitch stinks plain and simple

gerald72
08-20-2009, 02:02 PM
I don't know what you are all talking about.
When we rode it, it spun around like a centrifuge, and then blasted us up about 300 feet into the air, before the whole ride settled in the middle of Seven Seas Lagoon with a big splash, and we all rode the ferry back to the entrance and got in line again.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-20-2009, 02:13 PM
When we rode it, it spun around like a centrifuge, and then blasted us up about 300 feet into the air, before the whole ride settled in the middle of Seven Seas Lagoon with a big splash, and we all rode the ferry back to the entrance and got in line again.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You must have tried the special "blue" version :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

vws_and_disney
08-20-2009, 02:17 PM
it's a beat the heat kill some time rides. I cant say that i dislike it though. That burp though :ack:

Strmchsr
08-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Nope, you didn't miss a thing. The shoulder harnesses seem like overkill, don't they? I think it's to keep people from freaking out and running around when Stitch burps on you, or you get squirted by his "spit".

Actually, the should harness is part of the experience. It contains the squirters for when Stitch spits, speakers, and other sensory items. That's why every guest has the exact same experience no matter where they sit. Generally I view this as something to do once on our trip if the lines are short, but if I miss it my heart isn't broken.

SBETigg
08-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Once was enough for me with Stitch. My kids disagreed. They wouldn't even try it once.

Ian
08-20-2009, 02:56 PM
No. You aren't missing anything. One of the worst Disney attractions ever. :ack:

CaptainSad
08-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Ok, we went on this once and it did NOTHING.

They strapped us into a big seat like it was going to take off and all it did was blow "stink" on us.

Is there something we were missing on this ride? Should we do it again, give it another try?
:confused:

Yeah Alien Encounter... Stitch is the worst show at MK.

KatrinaJ91
08-20-2009, 06:08 PM
I know we are in the minority, but we like the Stitch attraction! It's just a fun, silly time. My daughter who is 16 has to go on it every time we are there! She loved the Stitch movies growing up and it is one of her fav characters.

JPL
08-20-2009, 07:36 PM

Umm when did they start serving :marg::wine::beer: at the Magic Kingdom :confused:

ransam
08-21-2009, 12:36 AM
this is by far my least favorite attraction at Disney.

disneykid@hrt
08-21-2009, 01:03 AM
It really is up to your personal taste. My DH loves it. I asked him if we could skip it this year because its our first trip with DD1, and DGma is "babysitting" while we go on the "Adult Rides." He absolutely refuses to give it up. He loves it.
I personally can think of a much better way to spend those minutes in the park, but hey, what can ya do? He hates IASW and I drag him on that every trip.
I remember loving Alien Encounter when I was about 16...
It is a good "filler" though.

Stu29573
08-21-2009, 07:21 AM
That's about it. We went on this and suddenly "Sounds Dangerous" had company on my "Worst. Attraction. Ever." list!

azcavalier
08-21-2009, 08:43 AM
See, I don't mind it at all. I just hold my breath during the burp.

Personally, I think that it's actually an amazing attraction, simply for hte Audio-Animatronics. It's is quite possibly the most technically advanced attraction that there is at Disney. The way Stitch moves, and especially the DNA cannons and how they "track" him...etc. Just look at it from that aspect next time.

It'sWDW4me
08-21-2009, 09:57 AM
That's about it. We went on this and suddenly "Sounds Dangerous" had company on my "Worst. Attraction. Ever." list!

:ditto:

KAJUNKING
08-21-2009, 10:41 AM
I know we are in the minority, but we like the Stitch attraction! It's just a fun, silly time.

i agree, its not my favorite but we do enjoy going on it once a year, i do think ae was better but ds8 wouldnt have made it 20 seconds on ae and likes stitch so its a trade off

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-21-2009, 10:46 AM
I did this with my dad....it was cool but i wud have enj a screen/4d movie thing...

Jezzup
08-21-2009, 12:54 PM
bring back ALIEN ENCOUNTER. at least it was a little scary. stitch stinks plain and simple

I agree. I miss Alien Encounter. Didn't know what to expect the first time on it and scared the #%& out of me.

magicofdisney
08-21-2009, 01:02 PM
I think Imagineering should have consulted you during the planning stages. :mickey: