PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure where to eat.

danwhitt78
08-20-2009, 11:22 AM
We are trying to figure out where to eat. We have tried many different places, and we are on the Deluxe dining plan, we are eating at all our favorite places like Kona, Narcossees, 1900 Park Fare, and we are stuck as to where else to go. Do we try Le Cellier, Sanna, we have plenty of table service meals left so anything is open. Where would you go ??

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-20-2009, 11:36 AM
:welcome: to intercot!

Some of our favourites are:
Garden Grill
Coral Reef
Rose & Crown
Bietergarten (we eat A LOT in Epcot!)
DH really liked the Brown Derby at DHS
Crystal Palace (for the Winnie & Friends breakfast)
Princess Breakfast at Norway (CRT is just too crazy and too overpriced...1 credit vs 2)
Whispering Canyon Cafe

We've never been, but I've heard great things about California Grill and Artist Point.

Enjoy your trip :mickey:

DisneyHoneymooners
08-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Some of our favorites are Flying Fish, California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and Jiko. Those all take 2 table service credits. For 1 table service credit we really like O'hana, Cape May, Chefs de France, Boma and Yak & Yeti.

GothMickey
08-20-2009, 11:59 AM
I hear Sanaa is very good. Wish I tried it. Next trip for sure. California Grill is very good. And I would suggest Boma and Jiko as well.

SBETigg
08-20-2009, 12:17 PM
California Grill, Jiko, Flying Fish, Citricos- all amazing. I would like to try Sanaa.

Other favorites? Grand Floridian Cafe, Boma, 'Ohana, lots of World Showcase restaurants. You might consider some breakfasts if you have extra credits to play with. Some of the in-park character breakfasts allow you to enter your park of choice early and then you don't have to lose much park time.

BugeyedMuggy
08-20-2009, 12:34 PM
We went to Sanaa in July and it is one we are going to go to on our Sept trip. Very good and the inside of the new AKL villas is a great place to explore. I love to try new places to eat.

renecat
08-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Try Artist Point at W.L. its a great place to eat.
Also the G.F. Cafe, Cape May is also a nice place. Jikos is also fun. You can go early and roam around and see some of the animals on the Savannah. Jikos and Artist Point take two table services but worth it.

mousetrapper
08-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Glad to hear the positive reviews of Sanaa - we're going to try it on our upcoming trip! We're also trying the tea at GF Garden View Cafe for the first time; I've heard it's fantastic.

We love Boma and CG.

I think I'm in the minority when I say Ohana's isn't one of my must-dos. The Poly is wonderful atmosphere-wise but I think the dinner is geared more toward young people (loud, activities like the coconut roll, etc.) and I can only eat so much meat, ya know?? ;)

We tried Le Cellier our last trip and liked it, but I wasn't blown away.

We really enjoyed the sushi restaurant in Epcot's Japan (Tokyo Dining?) - service was amazing and really transported you to Japan.

prttynpnk
08-21-2009, 09:39 AM
I can second the good reviews of Saana- we loved it in june. Try Flying Fish- great food and atmosphere!

KnowThySelf
08-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Jiko and Citricos-fab-u-los!

GoldenDreams
08-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Our favorites are:

Crystal Palace for lunch or dinner (MK)
Chef Mickey's for breakfast (Contemporary)
Restaurant Marrakesh for lunch (Epcot - Morocco)
Le Cellier lunch/dinner (Epcot - Canada)
Sci-Fi Dine-in theater lunch/dinner (Hollywood Studios)
Whispering Canyon for breakfast (Wilderness Lodge)

For counter service, we really liked the honey chicken at Yak & Yeti.

Good luck with your reservations!

wdw_bound
08-23-2009, 08:49 AM
We did the deluxe plan last year and it worked well for us. Our typical schedule was an early character breakfast and then a signature meal / show at night. Some of our favorites:

Tusker House Breakfast
Crystal Palace Breakfast

Park Faire breakfast was awful - food was not being kept a safe temps, we had to wait over an hour for characters to come to the table

Akerhus breakfast was ok, but not as good as it has been in the past - the cinnamon buns are no longer served hot at the table - they are on the buffet. Still good, but not as incredibly addictive as in the past.

Brown Derby Dinner - hands down favorite.
Luau - fun, glad we did it, but isn't something to do every trip.
Hoop Dee Doo - food mediocre, but entertainment was great. Don't bother showing up the 45 minutes ahead that they request - it is only to herd you through the photo shoot, and then you are stuck waiting in line with cranky kids (yours and others). It didn't seem to have any bearing on your seat, as your category was already assigned.

Whispering Canyon - a family favorite

Coral Reef - doesn't always get the best reviews here, but we really like it.

What was nice about the deluxe is that we went the entire trip without a cheeseburger or a french fry :thumbsup:

Have a great trip! :mickey: