PDA

View Full Version : Opening ceremony at MK

JoF
08-20-2009, 07:56 AM
My sister's birthday will take place while we are on our trip in October and she wants to go to the opening ceremony at MK on that morning - and then ride some of her favourite attractions.
My question is - What time should we be there? and does it make a difference if it is EMH that morning?
Thanks guys:mickey:

DreamFinder2
08-20-2009, 10:02 AM
The opening ceremony generally begins about 10-15 minutes prior to official opening time. It takes place at the Main St. train depot, so since it's elevated, there are no "bad seats"...you should be fine arriving 20 minutes or so before park opening.

I don't believe they do a morning ceremony on EMH days...

I'm sure another Intercotee will have more insights :-)

KAJUNKING
08-20-2009, 10:48 AM
we really liked the opening ceremony when we saw it and plan to go again this year if only we can get up and get the kids up in time, i would say get there 20 to 30 minutes before park opening

14 days to go

phillydan
08-20-2009, 11:52 AM
We did this for the first time last Friday (8/14). It was really nice. We arrived at 8:45 and the short ceremony started at 8:50. We were right up front & center, since the crowds were concentrated to the sides for rope drop. We hung back for a few moments after the ceremony and were able to walk right through the entrance with no crowd. I don't think they do it for EMH days.

chrisb26
08-20-2009, 11:59 AM
As others have said it starts around 8:50 it is a really neat show I like it. I would probably try and arrive around 8:40 in the park to try getting a spot in the middle since its difficult to judge what day people will all want to get to the park for opening. On days with morning EMH there is still a opening show but its a modified version and they don't do all the stuff they do on the regular show.

renecat
08-20-2009, 12:47 PM
What kind of things do they do at opeing ceremony? I'm going in Sept. and may try to see this.
Thanks for any and all answers.

Ms. Mode
08-20-2009, 01:09 PM
The train comes into the station with Mickey and Friends after the "towns people" do an intro....it's GREAT and sets the mood :mickey:

vws_and_disney
08-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Always a great start to a great day. Lets you know your home.:wave:

DreamFinder2
08-20-2009, 04:18 PM
On days with morning EMH there is still a opening show but its a modified version and they don't do all the stuff they do on the regular show.

I've heard this, too...but others say it isn't true. Maybe someone who's actually been there on an EMH morning can clarify. Hopefully they do it everyday, so we don't miss it in December...we loved it last time.

KAJUNKING
08-20-2009, 08:05 PM
The train comes into the station with Mickey and Friends after the "towns people" do an intro....it's GREAT and sets the mood :mickey:

search for disney world opening ceremony on youtube

ransam
08-21-2009, 12:33 AM
i would say you should get there about half hour before the opening.

JoF
08-21-2009, 05:23 AM
Thanks everyone - can't wait now - we are counting down the weeks til our trip - 7 at the weekend!
:party: