PDA

View Full Version : Son turns 3 during trip wondering about rides

alliekat
08-19-2009, 10:56 PM
My DS is two currently and will be when we begin our trip on 8/26, he will turn 3 while we are in Disney.:party: I was told by Disney that, because he is 2 at the time of travel he is considered 2 for the trip. He is also very tall for his age 41 inches! We have totally turned him into a Disney fanatic. He is very excited about Splash Mountain and Test Track. Will I face any challenges bringing him on these rides without a ticket? I am planning on carrying a copy of his birth certificate with me to show that he just turned 3 and I could show my key to the world card to show dates of travel to show he was 2 when the trip started. Do you think I will be asked to produce it or have any trouble bringing him on? I want to find out now so I could be better prepared.
Any input would be great.

Marceline
08-20-2009, 01:49 AM
Tickets will not be an issue on the rides. Once you are through the turnstiles and in the park nobody asks for your tickets. Age isn't the issue either.

The only restriction for rides is the height restriction. He will have to stand up to the measuring stick test at the entrance to each ride line and if he is tall enough that's all that matters.

If he is over 40" Splash Mountain and Test Track will be no problem. Here is Intercot's list of the height requirements http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/rideheight.asp

They certainly will be sticklers about the height minimum in my experience. If he is not tall enough for the thrill rides they will not let him on.

:thumbsup::mickey:

WRWDisney
08-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Marceline is correct all the way around. The one reason a ticket could become an issue is that you will not have access to fast passes for your son. I am not sure how they handle this at the rides (two of you show up but you only have a fast pass for the adult). That part will probably be something to learn when you are on site.

magicofdisney
08-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Marceline is correct all the way around. The one reason a ticket could become an issue is that you will not have access to fast passes for your son. I am not sure how they handle this at the rides (two of you show up but you only have a fast pass for the adult). That part will probably be something to learn when you are on site.
This was my first thought, but I seem to recall my youngest just walked on with us for Fast Pass rides (i.e. Buzz Lightyear) when he was younger than 3.

If they question you, you may need to explain all of this and I'm sure that will get tedious (simply because he's tall for his age).

brownie
08-20-2009, 09:10 AM
You shouldn't have any issues with the rides. You won't be able to get a Fastpass for him and you could possibly have to explain at the main gates to the parks, but getting on the rides themselves should pose no problem unless he doesn't meet the height requirements.

seanyred
08-20-2009, 09:22 AM
This was my first thought, but I seem to recall my youngest just walked on with us for Fast Pass rides (i.e. Buzz Lightyear) when he was younger than 3.

If they question you, you may need to explain all of this and I'm sure that will get tedious (simply because he's tall for his age).

I was wondering about how the fast pass worked with a 2 year old. Since there are many rides and attractions that have fast pass that a 2 year old could go on. I would hope the CM would just allow a 2 year old to join a parent with a fast pass.

We will be there in November with our 2 year old so we will find out then.

Mickey'sGirl
08-20-2009, 09:49 AM
I can help you out.

Our youngest was over 40" at age 2, and rode every ride he could on multiple trips to WDW.

We always had his ID, in case anybody asked, but they never did, but they did measure him a lot!

We never had fastpasses for him, because he wasn't ticketed, and it was never questioned on any ride (including big ticket rides like ToT or Soarin'). He just accompanied us through the queues.

Have a fabulous time on your holiday! :mickey:

KAJUNKING
08-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Tickets will not be an issue on the rides. Once you are through the turnstiles and in the park nobody asks for your tickets. Age isn't the issue either.

the only time the tickets may be a issue is for the attractions during emh but I'm sure with a little explanation you'll be fine

megustamex
08-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Kids under 3 do not need room ID's or anything for EMH rides. They can also accompany you on anything that you have a fastpass for without a fastpass.