PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass question

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Can you only get one fast pass at a time? For instance, get to AKL, get a fast pass for Kilamajaro then have to wait until we use that pass and ride the ride before we get a fast pass for everest? Or can you get a bunch of fast passes at the saem time without letting time lapse? Does this question make sense?

BMan62
08-19-2009, 10:07 PM
When you get a FastPass, it will have a time listed for when you will be able to get your next FastPass. You cannot get more than one FastPass per park admission ticket at any one time.

CleveRocks
08-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Can you only get one fast pass at a time? For instance, get to AKL, get a fast pass for Kilamajaro then have to wait until we use that pass and ride the ride before we get a fast pass for everest? Or can you get a bunch of fast passes at the saem time without letting time lapse? Does this question make sense?Makes perfect sense.

Let me start by saying that Disney has no idea when you actually use a FASTPASS, they only know when you receive it.

Printed at the bottom of each FASTPASS is the time after which you are permitted to receive another FASTPASS. This time will be either the start time of your return window OR 2 hours from the time you got the FASTPASS, whichever is earlier.

So it's 9:30 a.m. and you get a FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris ... the FP says you can return to ride the ride between 10:20 and 11:20 a.m., and at the bottom it says you can get another FP after 10:20 a.m. This means that if you immediately walk to Expedition Everest and at 9:35 a.m. you place your ticket into the Expedition Everest FP kiosk that you will NOY receive a FP for Expedition Everest ... instead you'll receive a FP-shaped piece of paper that has printed on it in large capital letters "NOT A VALID FASTPASS."

The smartest way to use FP is to get a new one as soon as you can. So in the above example, it would be BAD, in my opinion, to hang around Kilimanjaro Safaris until exactly 10:20 a.m., ride it, and then after exiting the ride looking for another FP to get. Instead, you should go have fun, and then at 10:20 a.m. or as soon after that as possible, go get a FP for Expedition Everest (or whatever) ... and only AFTER you've done that should you then head over to Kilimanjaro Safaris and use your FASTPASS there. WHY? Because if you do it this way, you are enjoying a ride/attraction at the same time you're waiting for the NEW FP to mature, know what I mean?

So when you receive that Expedition Everest FP, you now have 2 FPs in your possession, one that you can use right now for Kilimanjaro SAfaris, and one that you can't use yet for Expedition Everest. So technically, you now have 2 FPs, not just one, because, like I said, Disney doesn't know whether or not you've USED a FP, they only know when you received one.

For almost every ride/attraction, cast members allow you to use an expired but same-day FASTPASS. In other words, in the above example, if you tried to use your Kilimanjaro Safaris FP at 2 p.m. (which is well after the 11:20 a.m. ending time of the FP window), you'd have no trouble using that FP. There is no guarantee you won't have a problem, but it would be one of those one-in-a-thousand situations. So if you really wanted to, technically speaking, you could spend the day collecting FPs and have a pocket-full of them by the end of the day and then ride all the good rides one after the other using all of your accumulated FPs one after the other. I think that's a waste of time and I wouldn't recommend it, but it is certainly possible to do.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Thank you both for your answers!

SBETigg
08-19-2009, 10:38 PM
There's a time listed on the FP at which you can get another FP. It's not right away, but you can often get a new FP before the ride time frame of your previous FP comes up. So you can be holding more than one valid FP at one time, but the times are staggered.

And yes, it makes the most sense to see or do other things while waiting for your FP time. We usually grab a FP for one ride, get in line for another, then go back and use the FP or get another FP then use the FP, depending on ticket times. Everything is clearly stated on the pass itself, so it's not as confusing in actuality as it seems in explanation.

Pirate Granny
08-19-2009, 10:45 PM
We use the same plan...get one fast pass and watch the time on the bottom of the pass and go get another as soon as the time allows...we did this one New Years Eve and were able to ride all the big ticket rides, although the park was packed...it did make for a lot of zig-zagging in the MK...but it worked out just fine. My hubby has actually left dinner between the main course and dessert to run to get us fast-passes (at the ride closest to the restaurant).
:pirate:

SorcererJim
08-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Not too add onto the confusion, because ClevRocks did a great job explaining it... But the "when can I get another fastpass" rule is either:

A) at the start of your fast pass window (i.e the 10:20am example above)

OR

B) Two hours after you get the fast pass... this is important for the more popular rides (Soarin', Toy Story Mania) where your return times are often later in the day.

Example: You get to Toy Story at 10am. Your return time is 3pm - 4pm. You can get your next fast pass at 12!

As was said above, you don't need to remember all this stuff... it will display right on the fast pass when you get your next one... but thought you might like to know :mickey: