PDA

View Full Version : Should we cancel b/c of refurb?

First TIme with DS
08-19-2009, 08:30 PM
So we were getting ready to book our May 2010 trip but with this Fantasyland major refurb we are considering cancelling. When is this suppose to start? Our little boy will be 2.5 and this is where we will spend most of our time. Do anyone have any idea of when this is scheduled to take place and what will be closed? We are heartbroken because we were so looking forward to taking our little boy. :(

SBETigg
08-19-2009, 09:19 PM
I really wouldn't worry or cancel. Not all of Fantasyland is being changed or redone, certainly not all at once. I imagine they will do it as gradually and unobtrusively as possible. Disney is great with making sure rehabs don't get in the way of the good times of their visitors, as much as possible. Plus, there is so much more to WDW than Fantasyland, and even in a rehab situation so much of Fantasyland will be open for you. I hope you can put these worries aside and just get ready for an amazing vacation with your family.

medic9016
08-19-2009, 09:28 PM
At this point I think it has not been authenticated. Nothing has been officially released from Disney. Those blue prints were only posted on the internet for a very short time and then removed from the original website.
I would not cancel, if I were you.

Marceline
08-19-2009, 09:41 PM
As the others have said, so far the refurb of Fantasyland is an unsubstantiated rumor, albeit a great one. :thumbsup:

If it does get the official announcement and it follows the leaked plans closely you still will not need to worry. According to the leaked plans, Peter Pan, IASW, Philharmagic and I believe the carousel will go absolutely untouched. The Pooh ride and Snow White look to be receiving only a queue facelift and the majority of the rest of the refurb will take place on mostly currently unused land.

Be not heartbroken, it'll be fine. :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
08-19-2009, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't cancel based on rumour. It may come true, but there have been lots of Disney rumours over the years that don't ever happen. Until its officially announced don't worry about it.

You can also be sure that Disney would never close down an entire land all at once. There will always be lots there even if something does come of the rumours. Besides, there's a lot more to WDW than Fantasyland and even MK. You will have no problem finding lots of things to do with your boy.

Mousemates
08-20-2009, 07:57 AM
I wouldn't cancel based on rumor. It may come true, but there have been lots of Disney rumours over the years that don't ever happen. Until its officially announced don't worry about it.

I agree completely....most WDW rumors are just that...amd even if it were to happen, it might not be in your vacation timeframe...and even if it was in that time...would likely be conducted in such a way as to not impact all of fantasyland simultaneously.

phillydan
08-21-2009, 03:14 PM
4 trips in last 5 years- 4 major refurbs each time: Small World, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. We did not cancel...we figure that it just gives us something to look forward to on the next trip. Remember, something is always going to down for refurb, so you will drive yourself crazy trying to plan around it.

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-21-2009, 03:49 PM
the only rumors that ever come true are Madonna's set lists!!! spoils it for me everytime!

Imagineer1981
08-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Don't cancel, if you are worried, shift your date before May, but otherwise, go and have fun!!

bruin1344
08-24-2009, 01:03 PM
i wouldnt cancel because i dont believe any of the fantasyland attractions will be closed, it only effects toontown

Giggy
08-25-2009, 11:09 AM
i wouldnt cancel because i dont believe any of the fantasyland attractions will be closed, it only effects toontown

In my first day at Magic Kingdom I always start by taking the train to Toontown. We're aiming to go next year and I'm going to be completely lost about where to start if it's closed! :confused:

I'll wait and see what happens, if I go next year and Toontown is closed I'll just have to figure out somewhere else to start. Toontown is tradition for us though.