PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite Epcot Country

RAIDER
08-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Whats your favourite Epcot Country and why ?

NewDVCowner
08-19-2009, 05:21 PM
My favorite isn't listed - Morraco!

RAIDER
08-19-2009, 05:31 PM
My favorite isn't listed - Morraco!

Sorry you could only fit on 10 on the list :(
I knew whichever one i left out i was going to get hammered :(

I went for Mexico .I love the building , the little market place and ofcourse the ride :marg::marg:

cather74
08-19-2009, 05:34 PM
I love the ride! (even though I thought the old one was better. Something about that song......) And of course.....the margaritas!!!! :marg::number1:

SBETigg
08-19-2009, 05:44 PM
I decided to give some love to France this time. The Boulangerie Patisserie, the crepes, the wine tasting, the shop, the Grey Goose slush. Oh yes! Or, should I say, "mais oui!"

Tinkerbella16
08-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Had to go with Mexico.. its always the 1st one we go to when walking around World Showcase. As soon as those doors open, the AC hits me right in the face and the smell just reminds me that I'm "home"!

I love the boatride too, and looking around the market.

Ed
08-19-2009, 07:13 PM
"Hola mi amigos...."

Mexico, definitely. Loved the original El Rio de Tiempo boat ride, cheesy animation, grainy jumpy videos and all. I was actually kinda sorry they changed it to the new version, Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros.

And it's always a good place to stop for a few :marg::marg::marg:

:cool:

PittFan
08-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Mexico all the way for me !!!! :marg:

KatrinaJ91
08-19-2009, 07:40 PM
If I had to pick one, it would be the UK. Of course, I had a hard time choosing though! Germany is a very close second!
We love the UK because of all the little shops, Beatles music and the ability to grab a pint and just sit and people watch outside Rose & Crown...which, by the way, is a wonderful place to watch Illuminations! We just always seem to spend the most time there.

Gator
08-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Whoa! I'm the only to pick Norway? I love the food at Akershus. It has great flavor - plus the princesses are great for my daughter - plus the beautiful waitresses:shades: The schoolbread at the bakerey is beyond any other pastry I've ever tried. I love their gift shop, and the smell of the cologne and perfume is intoxicating. I like the museum in the stave church. Add in the best ride in the Worldshowcase, and you've got my favorite.

DisneyorBust
08-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Germany for me. I love the architecture, music, food and :beer:!
Some day I will make to the 'real' Germany.:D

Marceline
08-19-2009, 08:50 PM
My family loves the Japan pavilion. We adore the big department store and all the groovy Japanese items for sale. I am particularly fond of Tokyo Dining and their sushi. I also love the meandering stream and other lovely landscaping elements that run throughout the area.

jenperich
08-19-2009, 08:52 PM
We chose Italy because we got engaged in Epcot's Italy, and we took our honeymoon in the real Italy. We love the food and the architecture.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Our family choice (other than Canada of course!) is the UK.

The shops are great, we love wandering around the "village" and the Rose & Crown is one of our favourites.

DeniseMB
08-19-2009, 08:55 PM
United Kingdom for me. I think of my mom who was from England. :mickey:

Donald
08-19-2009, 09:24 PM
France-love the shops and the Patisserie-but I also love Italy, Germany, and UK. Oh to choose!:mickey:

ibrowse17
08-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Germany for me. I love the architecture, music, food and :beer:!
Some day I will make to the 'real' Germany.:D

:ditto:

GrmGrninGost
08-19-2009, 09:59 PM
I voted for Canada. I love the theming more than anything. The gardens are spectacular. I liked the old movie better, but the new one is still pretty good. I also love LeCellier! :thumbsup:

PopeCharming
08-19-2009, 10:31 PM
As a man who is commited to The Beatles and warm hard cider, my choice was easy- the UK!

biodtl
08-19-2009, 11:02 PM
I like them all for different reasons, but I really love Morocco - it is so beautiful to walk around. I love the decor and architecture and I think that Arabic writing is beautiful.

But since it wasn't listed, I picked Italy. I just really like sitting in the piazza area and people watching.

Jeff G
08-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Germany. It was always a country we skipped until we four Biergarten. I enjoy the food, Oktoberfest, theme and :beer:.

A close 2nd would be Britain, love the Beatles tribute band, fish & chips and shops.

coneygoil
08-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Morocco is my most favorite country! I adore the architecture and the food is so delicious!

Norway and UK are my second faves. I want to visit the real countries on day, so just walking through them make me "feel" like I'm there ;)

And just because, I LOVE OFF KILTER!!!! Jamie, Randy, Mark, Tony, and Scotty are awesome.

Mickey'sGirl
08-20-2009, 09:57 AM
I decided to give some love to France this time. The Boulangerie Patisserie, the crepes, the wine tasting, the shop, the Grey Goose slush. Oh yes! Or, should I say, "mais oui!"
Moi aussi! Mais oui! :mickey:

Ian
08-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Italy, baby! Had to give some love to the ancestors ... plus the food, atmosphere, and shopping is awesome!

KAJUNKING
08-20-2009, 10:58 AM
i went with US because I love american history and the american adventure is one of my favorite attractions in all of wdw, very close 2nd and 3rd are Japan and canada, next would be mexico

CU Tiger
08-20-2009, 12:28 PM
This was almost a toss up between three countries for me. What set my mind was that we visited USA three months ago and really enjoyed the singing, costumes, decorations, and the film. For how many years we have been going to Epcot, we never went inside the USA area. We were greatly surprised.:mickey:

#1donaldfan
08-20-2009, 12:50 PM
USA

no reason other than I love the USA !!

Ms. Mode
08-20-2009, 01:03 PM
USA...best entertainment, the movie is great!

I like Norway too, but you did say "best"......:mickey:

tink2006
08-20-2009, 01:14 PM
My vote goes to UK. Love to grab a pint at Rose & Crown and go listen to the British Invasion :cloud9: It is also a great place to people watch and watch Illuminations. Germany is a close second.

For shopping - I love Japan and Italy :thumbsup:

For :marg: Mexico.

I guess I love them all!!!! Wish I was there now
:cloud9::mickey:

vws_and_disney
08-20-2009, 02:06 PM
after a lot of debate im going to have to say Germany with France in a very close second.

brad192
08-20-2009, 07:26 PM
I thought long & hard about this one, as each country has it's own special charms. In the end, I had to give the nod to - USA!

Of course, I'm a little biased. I'm quite patriotic:flag:, and American Adventure pushes all my buttons every time I see it. I always leave the theater all misty eyed & proud to be a US citizen. Plus, the Voices of Liberty are, IMHO, the BEST! (Of course, I've been singing choral music since I was 12).

Mexico & Norway were close runner ups.

Mousemates
08-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Norway...I'm 1/4 norwegian and it has the only real ride on that side of the park.

IloveDisney71
08-20-2009, 09:25 PM
I've thought about this for a while and I have to go with USA. I love the Voices of Liberty and the American Adventure movie always brings a tear to my eye and makes me feel proud to be an American.

I really enjoy visiting all of the countries so it was a hard choice. I love to listen to Off Kilter in the UK, the margaritas from Mexico, the food at LeCellier/Canada and I love to SHOP in all of the countries. I also enjoy taking pictures of all of the countries/buildings, etc.

KatrinaJ91
08-20-2009, 09:40 PM
I would have said USA if they had better food choices. There are SO many different types of food in the US and they have hot dogs. disappointing

ransam
08-21-2009, 12:35 AM
i really like the US pavilon. it always gives me goose bumps.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-21-2009, 08:42 AM
I would say UK for the shops, followed closely by Norway and Germany....

poohbearkris
08-21-2009, 09:10 AM
I think I like Norway the best - but probably because I love their bakery!!

goofy-4-disney
08-21-2009, 10:46 AM
i voted for Norway for two reasons. One, being the ride. Two, I love the Helly Hansen shop...always make a point of getting a few items from there each trip. Very high quality clothing items.

jillluvsdisney
08-22-2009, 04:05 PM
France. Love Impressions de France. Love the souvenirs and shopping. Love getting a pastry from the boulangerie. Love the street performers.

Mickey91
08-23-2009, 11:03 PM
I had to choose USA. I just love the American Adventure!!:mickey: And, colonial times is my favorite part of US history. Close seconds are France, Mexico and Canada.

DVC2004
08-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Well, I love them all but I picked Mexico. It's usually the first country we hit- I love when the Mariachis are there, the margaritas :marg:, the ride (old version and current). I really like it. We also love Japan (my son always makes it a point to buy some pokemon there) and Italy. They are all special for the little touches they have.

badkitty
08-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Sorry you could only fit on 10 on the list :(
I knew whichever one i left out i was going to get hammered :(

I don't intend to hammer you but Morocco was the wrong country to leave off. ;)

As other fans of Morocco have said, the buildings are gorgeous and the food is fabulous. I also love the gift shop and don't forget about Aladdin, Jasmine and the Genie. Then there is the best part - Mo Rockin'! They are fantastic and I think one of the best entertainers in WS.

So sorry you left Morocco off your list.

So to pick one from the list, I would pick USA. The American Adventure is great and I also tear up during the movie.

JPL
08-23-2009, 11:53 PM
I had to go with Mexico the Pyramid is awesome and the atmosphere inside can't be beat :thumbsup:

GoofyFan13
08-24-2009, 09:28 AM
I picked the UK becauase I love the food, the shops and the character meets:)

But my favorite part about it is The British Invasion Band!!! I LOOOOOOVE The Beatles, they are my favorite band, so of course I love this show :number1:

lightyearfan
08-24-2009, 10:55 AM
well this was close for me and dw we love Canada for the lovely gardens, Le Cellier and Canadavision, but something about Mexico beats it by just a hair, the atmosphere, the little shops, San Angel Inn, the boat ride, the way everything is housed in the Maya Temple, done really well, so for this it gets the nod

Victor

Imagineer1981
08-24-2009, 01:02 PM
I love the ride! (even though I thought the old one was better. Something about that song......) And of course.....the margaritas!!!! :marg::number1:

I also went for Mexico and the old ride was SO MUCH better!

bruin1344
08-24-2009, 01:15 PM
My two criteria that make up a great country in epcot: great food and a ride. I dont care about boring movies or shopping. I picked Mexico because of the ride and decent fast food.

DisneyOtaku
08-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Germany!!! Followed by China and Japan.

RAIDER
08-25-2009, 03:27 AM
I don't intend to hammer you but Morocco was the wrong country to leave off. ;)

As other fans of Morocco have said, the buildings are gorgeous and the food is fabulous. I also love the gift shop and don't forget about Aladdin, Jasmine and the Genie. Then there is the best part - Mo Rockin'! They are fantastic and I think one of the best entertainers in WS.

So sorry you left Morocco off your list.

So to pick one from the list, I would pick USA. The American Adventure is great and I also tear up during the movie.

The weird thing BADKITTY, is that i love eating there :blush: what a shame i couldnt fit in all 11 :(

I knew i was always going to get burnt with this ,but i am surprised how badly China are doing in this poll ,as they always have a huge crowd around when they have their acrobats and the 360 film isnt bad either :confused:

Disney4us2
08-25-2009, 11:09 AM
For me there are two countries.
The first is Canada. Love the gardens, reminds me of my visit to Canada and the Bouchard Gardens. It was incredible. Also love LeCellier steak house and the chocolate moose.

The other is Japan. After living in Hawaii and all the Japanese culture there. Japan Pavillion is like going home. Just shopping in the stores brings back all the Hawaii memories...... Also love the Teppan Edo. Had a group of 6 of us our last trip, and had a great time.

TikiLounger
08-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Mexico for me!:sombrero: I'll be there, enjoying a margarita in 36days! Whoot! Whoot! :marg:

stephntampa
08-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Japan for us. We enjoy the sushi and Tempura at Tokyo Dining. And the department store is fun to browse, the kimonos they sell are so beautiful! Also for the candy making "show".. what is the woman's name that makes it??

DisneyFr33k
08-25-2009, 01:46 PM
For us, Mexico to go in and shop and ride the boats.... NOT for the food! :sick:

Daisy'sMom
08-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Had to give it to France, just because it is our favorite place to unwind. We find a bench, DH gets us a treat from the bakery and just enjoy being at Epcot.:mickey:

Loweschevy
08-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Canada, I love the architecture and the shops.

Although Mexico is pretty close too.

rachel_future_candy_maker
08-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Japan!! mitsukoshi makes it all worthwhile!! not to mention the yummy kaki-gori!:mickey:

indytraveler
08-28-2009, 10:44 AM
chose Mexico, bc we ride, we eat, we buy. USA was close second but didn't want to look like a homer

yjgirl32
08-28-2009, 10:52 AM
I am also very patriotic so I am going to go with the USA. I love the theming, costumes, etc. I am not a big hot dog fan but to me that is american.

Goes4FastPass
08-28-2009, 02:16 PM
China

Good food. Good shopping. Good street entertainment. Temple of Heaven replica.

disneymom2000
08-28-2009, 04:57 PM
I also had a hard time picking my favorite. It had to be France or England. I love England because of the shops but the movie of France put it over the edge. It is short but so calming and serene. I could sit there and watch it over and over. And I have.:blush:

Villains0501
08-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Germany! It has the Snow White meet and greet, beautiful architecture, amazing decorations at Christmas, a giant cuckoo clock, and of course the adorable train village!

pokci
08-28-2009, 07:36 PM
This is a hard one...:confused:

USA is personal and I'm a patriotic mushball. I well up every time I see the American Adventure. And the Voices of Liberty around the holidays are awesome.:flag:

Norway is a hands down an all around favorite. I love Maelstrom and learning about the people, love the movie, love the foods. I'm still disappointed that EVERY meal has princesses but I'm willing to put up with that because I like the food and like meeting the native workers.

Nothing beats Germany during the holidays. The beautiful decorations, the Beirgarten performances, the old European food harkens to my childhood.

So this is a hard one. If I really had to pick just one I would have to say Norway. But USA is a darn close second!

Mad About Mickey
08-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Viva la Mexico :marg::marg::marg:

Tink#64
08-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Another :thumbsup: for Mexico!

We love the marketplace and the ride is corny but cute. I just love the part of the ride circling around the diners under the night sky! And watching for the Micky puff of smoke from the volcano!

And I have to agree with all those before me & compliment the :marg:'s! Wow!

brownie
08-31-2009, 08:50 AM
United Kingdom for me. I like the different architectures and shops, the red phone booth, and the Rose & Crown Pub.

98'cpTyphoonGuard
08-31-2009, 09:19 AM
:sombrero: Mexico :marg::marg::marg: Enough said.

MistressGracey
08-31-2009, 12:08 PM
I went with the USA becuase I have a huge affinity for the way this area looks. (I also love the look of Liberty Square at MK) I'm not sure why, but this type of architecture holds a huge appeal for me. It makes me happy to just look at it. :cloud9:

Belle619
08-31-2009, 12:15 PM
...the ability to grab a pint and just sit and people watch outside Rose & Crown...

I picked the UK for the same reason! :beer:

4ubie1
08-31-2009, 01:58 PM
I love the food and drinks there plus the atmosphere is awesome! I love that indoor yet outdoor decor. Wish I could do that in my house :cloud9:

kemps@wdw
08-31-2009, 11:22 PM
Tough call! Naturally America should be my first choice! But other than the "American Adventure" (by far the best show on property IMHO), not a whole lot goin on there. As an extremely picky eater, I'm not fond of Japan, China, Mexico, Morocco, Germany, France or Norway's cuisine, (except the pastry shops) but like visiting the countries themselves. Love Italian food (most of it anyway). Love the mountains in Canada, and Off-Kilter But,I would have to say my overall fave would be UK. Like the food,(Rose & Crown best seat in the house for Illuminations), great shopping (DH loves the older British rock bands), and we like nothing better than to kick back in the "park" w/a cold one, and listen to the "British Invasion". Very relaxing after a busy day!

bertasso59
09-02-2009, 08:59 AM
I love France for the 'Impressions de France' (best music in WDW) and the Pastry shop.Nothing like a coffee and pastry eaten in the little alleyway outside the shop

IamBelle
09-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Although I like them all equally, I chose Mexico. Great theming, great food, great shops, great ride, great place to watch Illuminations!!

LudwigVonDrake
09-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Mexico :sombrero: for its ambience and atmosphere.

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 01:34 AM
This was a hard question for me to answer. I chose Mexico because that is where my wife and I ate on our honeymoon and we return to the San Angel Inn on most of our anniversaries. The Mexico pavilion was well planned and the atmosphere inside makes you feel like you are in a village at dusk. The food is great and very romantic. We loved El Rio Del Tiempo and are starting to love what my DD5 calls "Donald Duck's Spanish Small World".

Norway is also great and love Maelstrom, Canada is beautiful and the updated O'Canada is great with Martin Short, and I absolutely love the American Adventure.......OK now I am starting to doubt my answer!:confused: