PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Insight

liz12303
08-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Can someone provide me some insight into the Fantasmic show in Hollywood Studios....
Is it a hard show to see? Can I purchase tickets in advannce? Do we have to line up really early to gurantee a spot? or Does everyone pretty much get in?
TIA!!!

Christine
08-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Now that they've cut the performances down to just a few times a week, it is definitely a bit more challenging to see it.

They have folks stand in line in the street up to 2 hours ahead of time. The stampedes got so bad that now they let people in in tiny increments. So you'll walk a few feet, then stop until finally you're in.

You can do a dinner show package that "reserves" your seating, but you'll still have to stand in line to be let into the theater.

I really like fantasmic and am sad it's become such an ordeal to see.

If there's a second showing, try for that one. That line forms on the street about an hour to 90 minutes ahead of time.

Ms. Mode
08-19-2009, 11:03 AM
We were there last August and pretty much everyone got in that wanted it, the place packs in thousands of people :) It can be a lot of fun waiting for the show to start, and the show is great...but getting out after it's over will take a while....lots of people....hold on to your kids:)

Mousemates
08-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Ease of getting in to the venue really seems to be a by-product of the size of the crowds in the park, the number of times it is showingin a given week and whether or not they are having one or two showings (not sure if they still do this) on the particular night you are in the park.

Hence if the crowds are large...they did not have a showing the night or two before your day in the park...and there is only one showing on the night you are there...then those events would conspire to make getting in line (or booking a dinner package) more essential.

mousetrapper
08-19-2009, 11:38 AM
We've always used the Fantasmic! Dinner Package and it's always been a breeze to get in. I always feel badly walking by the long line of people who have been standing for a while waiting to get in.

The package seats may not seem to be the best - they're usually over on the right side, not in the middle - but the show is so expansive that you see everything.

We love it. We really consider it a "must-do" every trip.

Obviously the difficulty getting in will depend on the current crowds, how many people do the dinner package vs. walk up, etc., as others have said.

blondeinbrandon
08-19-2009, 11:40 AM
I like the dinner package. You go through a different entrance, and have a lot less "line" to deal with.
If you haven't seen Fantasmic, it is a must see. We've seen it enough now that we skip it most trips. But it is a wonderful show. They also sell drinks and snacks so you can pass the time in your seat with a snack. Also they sell lots of the light up stuff, so if have something already to bring for your kids you'll save money!
We also play games waiting - Like I'm thinking of a Disney character.... you know car games.:thumbsup:

Christine
08-19-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm not so sure they do the separate dinner package line anymore. When I was there a week or so ago I saw CMs tell several dinner pkg guests around me that the dinner pkg line breaks off at the top of the hill (past where you drop the strollers off). That they still had to stand in the line to get in. ???

I'll pay better attention & maybe ask next time I go.

BIGDOG
08-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I did not know they were only doing this show a few times per week. All the times I have been at the studio's the show ran each night before closing? When did they do this cut back??

Melanie
08-19-2009, 01:09 PM
We were there the first week of August and there were two showings that night. We arrived about an hour and a half early and got our pick of seats. We got settled in, then got snacks and drinks, and took turns with potty breaks. The time passed quickly.

The arena filled fast though, and it was standing room only by 45 minutes before showtime. Honestly though, it didn't seem any more chaotic than before when they were doing shows every night. Afterward we just hung back a bit and were one of the last ones to leave, making the exit not so crazy.

It's a must see show! :smickey:

Nascfan
08-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I did not know they were only doing this show a few times per week. All the times I have been at the studio's the show ran each night before closing? When did they do this cut back??

When American Idol opened up, or approximately that time frame.