PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare Dinner

Adambomb85
08-19-2009, 09:19 AM
My sister and I are sending my parents for their 35th wedding anniversary down to Disney in September. My parents are INCREDIBLY excited about attending the MNSSHP. That night, we have dinner reservations at 1900 Park Fare for them.

I've been to Park Fare for breakfast many times and loved it, but never for dinner. The food sounds delish - but does anyone have any reviews they wish to share? My parents are real kids at heart and are looking forward to the character aspect (paricularly Cindy and her beau), but wondering how people found the food and other aspects of the experience there.

Thanks for your insight!

ali'sdad2003
08-19-2009, 09:52 AM
We did this last trip and it is one of our favorites now. The food is good but the characters are great. The step-sisters and Lady Tremaine were great. They stuck to their roles perfectly. The step-sisters were playing with my 10 month old son everytime they walked by and one of they planted an a big red lip-sticked kiss on his forehead. :blush:It was great. Lady Tremaine acted impatient and like we were little people that she did not want to deal with. Quite funny. :DThat was our first time going and we are going back this year.

44 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!!

Septbride2002
08-19-2009, 12:06 PM
One of our favorite Character dining experiences! We loved the step-sisters and Lady Tremaine - they were the biggest hoot!

The food was really good to - nothing to write pages about - but certainly good enough that it doesn't make me think - EW (*cough* Chef Mickeys *cough*).

Have a great time!

~Amanda

jakeybake
08-19-2009, 02:08 PM
They will love it.

Even though it is loaded up with kid dressed up like princesses and pirates, there is an air of elegance at the restaurant that you don't find at other character buffets.

Obviously a lot of that has to do with the resort location of the restaurant given how elegant the Grand Floridian is, but a large part of it is also in the decor and layout of the Park Fare itself.

Park Fare is always a must do for us each trip, even though my DS (11) and DD (8) could care less about the characters that are there.

The food, decor and service are what make it our 2nd favorite buffet in all of WDW. Cape May will always be our favorite because we just love the BC and it is by far our favorite resort!!

Jay

phillydan
08-19-2009, 02:24 PM
We were there for both Breakfast and Dinner last week. The Dinner was far and away the better choice. Everyone found something they liked. Kids had chicken nuggets, pasta, mac&cheese, pizza etc. My wife and I had salad, pasta, the carving station (roast beef & roast pork) as well as some seafood dishes and veggies. The deserts were plentiful and delicious (chocolate cake, carrot cake, cheesecake, cookies, ice cream, etc). The room can be a bit noisey, but it is actually one of the better character meals I have been to. it is great to see all the little princesses dressed up to meet Cinderella and Prince Charming. You will not be disappointed.

scooterca42
08-19-2009, 03:17 PM
How often do the characters appear? We're booked for ten to six, but we also want to hit the Halloween party that night - will we see characters?

snicker-doodle
08-19-2009, 03:58 PM
1900 Park Faire for dinner has become a staple for our family each time we visit WDW. It has one of the best (if not THE best)....IMHO buffet in the World. Seafood, prime rib, pasta, salads, chicken and awesome desserts.

The characters are just as awesome. The Fairy Godmother wanders around in a stately manner in the hallway while Cinderella and Prince Charming spend a good amount of time visiting tables. The step sisters (who are men!) were my very favorite. My DD's, as did I, thought they were an absolute hoot!!

To add to the experience, have them take the ferry to/from the GF to/from MNSSHP. It's the icing on the cake of the great night!!

SBETigg
08-19-2009, 05:41 PM
The step sisters (who are men!) were my very favorite. My DD's, as did I, thought they were an absolute hoot!!

Whoa, are you sure they were men? I've seen them just in passing at the GF and they didn't look like men. I've seen pictures and they always look like women. I can't imagine Disney doing the drag thing with characters. Odd! But I have heard good reviews, and that the stepsisters are hilarious.

Mickeydream
08-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Tomorrow morning (6 am) I will be making our ADR's and this is on our list...it sounds like such fun. We can't wait!! We have heard that the stepsisters are great and we hope they sing, "Sing Sweet Nightingale".

Wish me luck with our dining choices. :mickey:

Carolanne
08-19-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm glad I found this thread--my mom & I are trying this restaurant for the 1st time in September. Can't wait!

I was thinking about taking my husband here in November, but I'm not sure. I'm afraid the step-sisters might pick on him a little too much, lol.

Tippy
08-19-2009, 07:29 PM
They will have a great time here. The food is really good especially for a buffet. The characters are great.

wishiniwasthere
08-20-2009, 08:28 AM
We love 1900 Park Fare. It has everything. The buffet, to me, is the best I've been to in Disney World. The characters are lots of fun. Be sure to try the bread pudding...mmmmmm, very yummy! All kinds of great desserts! :mickey: