PDA

View Full Version : last minute resort change savings?

Imagineer1981
08-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Has anyone ever changed their resort at the last minute, say from value to moderate and gotten the room cheaper? We were thinking of upgrading from POP to CSR or CRB and didn't know if it would be cheaper to try and do it while we are there?

buzznwoodysmom
08-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Unless your value room is booked at rack rates and you upgrade to a moderate resort with a discount of some sort you are't going to get a cheaper rate. Two years ago we were booked at Pop Centry and then a discount came out. We were able to upgrade to Coronado and actually paid $4.00 less because of the great discount. Other than that I am not aware of any way to upgrade for a cheaper rate.

TammiMcMan
08-17-2009, 05:58 PM
It's never cheaper when you're there. Registration CM's can only quote you the rack rate. If you want to change, now would be the best time to look for any packages or discounts.

I'm also guessing that you mean room only, as changing parts of the package within 45 days of travel can incur fees.

CanadianWDWFan
08-17-2009, 07:25 PM
The ONLY time we got a better rate at another level of resort was when they had an AP discount at the BWI. The rate was EXACTLY the same as the CBR where we were originally booked at. Needless to say we did change our reservation.

Like the others have said, don't wait until you get there. Try getting the discount now.

dancin Disney style
08-19-2009, 08:19 AM
I totally agree with the other comments.

There is always a very tiny hope of a free upgrade but those are few and far between.