PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering....

cer
08-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Not sure if this is in the right place, feel free to move it where it best fits.

My SIL is planning a trip. She will be staying at POP. In here plans she told me they were going to eat at Chef Mickey's and then watch the fireworks from the Contemporary Resort.

So the question is...I always thought you had to eat at the California Grill to be able to watch the fireworks from the Contempoary. Am I wrong?

I know you can watch them from the beach at the Poly if you want, right?

Just wondering...

SBETigg
08-17-2009, 03:31 PM
To watch the fireworks from the top decks, yes, but I think there's a fourth floor deck. That's probably where she means to watch. I haven't stayed at the Contemporary for quite a while, so I'm not positive.

cer
08-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Wow. I did not know this...

DreamFinder2
08-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Anyone can visit the 4th floor observation deck, but the one on the 15th floor is for CG guests only.

The view from the 4th floor observation area is very good for watching Wishes. You'll have a great view of the castle, and there are benches (if you get there early enough - 25 minutes early should work). At one point, however, this was a designated smoking area...not sure if that's still the case, or not.

Hope this helps...if you do some creative google searching, you can find pix taken from/of the 4th floor observation deck.

RockinRollerMom
08-17-2009, 04:51 PM
The 4th floor deck is a great spot, esp if you happen to be there at the right time. I don't know if I'd go out of my way to watch it there. One thing to note, they do not pipe in the music like they do on the observation decks at the CG.